Walmart- Tuesday night around 6:40p.m.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FUNNYFACE, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Unload the cart, get a running start, stand up on the frame and....weeeeeeee! People who leave their buggies just sitting around have no zest for life.

2. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Those cookies sales are for a very good cause, if you don't want them, then just say no thank you..those girls are learning great things by dealing with people, money and ect. Great learning experience! After the first booth, a few were hurt by the rude ones, but learned that sometimes people can just be mean and get over it. Even when our troop gets one that says NO! Or no thank you, they always tell them to have a nice day or thank you! Our troop is doing wonderful, and 85% of the time they don't even have to ask, the cookies sell on their own.
    On another note, I can only speak for our troop, some troops are not like ours, but they aren't all bad.
    My daughter wants to sell the cookies, I don't make her, I ask her if this is what she wants to do..no parent in our troops make our girls stand out there!
    If you don't understand the program, then please keep your thoughts to yourself.
    Sheri

3. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Now I didn't even think of that one! I will have to keep that in mind!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I love to scare the poop out of people with mine! If only there were some PA system you could hook up to it, that would say "YOU FORGOT YOUR CART!". Or "DID YOU LEAVE ROOM FOR ME TO GET IN MY CAR?". Or "DO YOU REALLY NEED TWO SPACES?" LMAO

5. old school

old school Well-Known Member

I completely understand the program but think that it is better served by going door to door selling to people the girls are familiar with. Further more I think a discussion group forum is a perfect place to talk about my thoughts, just because you don't agree doesn't mean I should " keep them to myself ".

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Going door to door is sort of discouraged nowadays. Most towns aren't like Mayberry where everybody knows everybody. Encouraging young girls (or boys) to go door to door isn't something I'd agree with. That's just my .02, but I'm sure there many folks who disagree. Furthermore, the sanctity of a person's home can often put people on the defensive right away...about like telemarketing. Getting people to buy when they already have their mind on shopping is perhaps the best way. Personally, I'm not annoyed at all by people asking for donations at the Walmart door.

7. Cleopatra

Jester, old school said going door to door to people the girls are familiar with.

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

She never said you should keep them to yourself

9. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I want to applaude you on your adult and civilized handling of this issue. It's nice to see that some people still believe that folks are generally good and honest. Some posters here would have told you to call the cops, threaten to sue them if they didn't conduct a full investigation, and then insist that the perp be arrested and jailed!

10. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

cheapest and easiest exercise a person can reward themselves with....put the shopping cart in the corral or better yet walk it back into the building.

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

When we are walking into Wal-Mart and know we will need a cart, we usually offer to take one from someone who has just unloaded one-this saves them from putting it into the corral (if they were even going to).

12. Cleopatra

Same here, esp if I see them ditching it near my car.