Motrin Recall??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I was at Walgreens yesterday and could not find any of the children's chewable Motrin. The lady working told me that had all been pulled off the shelf and recalled. She also told me the Motrin had been quarantined--which of course made no sense so I doubted if she knew what she was talking about. Have any of you heard about a recent Motrin recall? There was plenty of the infants drops and liquid and of the adult Motrin.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My company (as a packaging supplier to several pharmaceutical companies) has had to bend over backwards to trace/track down any and all information concerning any and all of our pallet/wood products suppliers, and have been since the J&J recall first hit the news stands. And have basically had to go back to 2007 with certifications and statements concerning the use of 2,4,6 or any other chemical type treatment of wood products.

5. Sherry A.

Good because it keeps you employed. I'll bet it is hard to track all of it.

Sherry

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Well, there's pallets..and then there's CHEP blues. And knowing how much they cost, I am constantly amazed that some places use them for storage rather than moving stuff off of them and sending back. The juice plant at which I worked in Fl had a SOP that dealt with them: Get the stuff off of it and send them back ASAP.

7. CraigSPL

Actually for us it's not that hard to track. The harder part was that we also had to verify our vendors who ship us stuff on wooden pallets as well. And the thing is that the chemicals suspected of causing the issue is not legal for use in the US for the treatment of wood pallets. And it appears that what has happened is that Johnson & Johnson who has a manufacturing plant in South America (where is is legal to use 2,4,6) produced products there, palletized them for transportation on chemically treated pallets and then shipped them to another one of their plants in the states.

8. Sherry A.

All joking aside. Because of this does Johnson and Johnson get fined? I can think of other things that should happen for doing this but curious minds want to know. Surely something happens to the company.

Sherry

9. CraigSPL

Until the final verdict has been rendered there isn't really a fine, as they did a voluntary recall. Probably the current biggest hit they have taken is loss of sales, which affects more people than you might imagine, especially in the chain of production.

10. Sherry A.

Thank you and it makes perfect sense. Verdict first.

Sherry