Ny style pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Feb 26, 2010.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We have ordered from 3 Olives twice now and we just have to say that if you like thin crust pizza, you will love 3 Olives. Their sauce is thick and robust, the ingredients are fresh and the crust is a thin hand tossed and they can, if asked, make it even thinner. Really good. Can you tell we are soooo happy to have found them.

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Where is 3 Olives?

3. SteelD

SteelD Active Member

where is this place? we really like La Piazza, but its always good to have a plan B

4. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Amelia Church and Guy Rd, next to Sandhu's, yummy food!

5. Gomer Pyle

Ahh, the place without a sign! My wife told me there was a bunch of signs up there, "Grand Opening!" etc., but no suggestion as to what they were selling...now I know!

I hope they're not directly associated with Sandhu's- every time I go in there (a grand total of 3 visits so far) the folks minding the store are, ah, less than friendly.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken... the guys that run Sandhu's..their wives run Three Olives.

7. Gomer Pyle

Well, I doubt I ever encountered the owners unless they're 18 and running the cash register- I'm sure they're fine folk. I'll have to give 3 Olives a try.

8. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I thought the pizza was good, but waaaaaaaaaay too much sauce on ours.

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I was gonna say, NY style typically has a very thin layer of sauce.

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Best NY style pizza I've had is Brooklyn Pizzeria in Goldsboro. You can get them by the slice on paper plates and the slices just hang over the side. The tomato paste is thinly applied, but is fresh and hot out of the oven. The crust is not too thin, but certainly not thick. Mostly floppy where you have to fold the slice into a V-shape to eat it and the crust has a bit of powdry residue left on it. Now, I've gone and made myself hungry for a slice.

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Our's didn't have too much. Sorry you didn't get what you wanted.