Girl Scout Cookies!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rushlow2004, Jan 10, 2010.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules if I am, I will remove this..
    But, my daughter has girl scout cookies available and if anyone is interested in helping her troop, let me know in a private PM. This is to help her troop out to raise money for activities and other things for the girls..She has done so much with it so far and this is only day 2, I'm so proud of her. :hurray: If you don't want the cookies, you can donate to Operation Cookie drop and we take the cookies to the Military troops and they get the cookies. So no worries about ruining your diet lol. Plus you will be helping both the Girl Scouts and the Military troops. If you get 5 or more boxes, you can register online to try and win a year supply..
    Please contact me if your interested in ordering cookies from her.
    Thanks a bunch guys!
    Sheri
    PS: If I stepped on any toes with this post, please let me know in a private PM and I will remove it. :)

I figured with post to help raise money for Band groups and other things have been on here it wouldn't be a problem. 8)

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'll jump on the bandwagon...my little girl is selling them too. They're $3.50 a box and the flavors this year are:

-- Caramel Delights (vanilla cookies drenched in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconuts and and laced with cocoa stripes)
    -- Thin Mints (thin chocolate wafers dipped in a rich chocolaty coating with a burst of pure peppermint)
    -- Peanut Butter Patties (crispy vanilla cookies layered with real peanut butter and blanketed with a chocolaty coating)
    -- Shortbread (with a butterly light flavor)
    -- Thanks-A-Lot (short bread cookies dipped in rich fudge and topped with an embossed Thank You message in one of five languages)
    -- Peanut Butter Sandwich (smooth peanut butter sandwiched between crunchy oatmeal cookies)
    -- Lemonades (slices of shortbread with a refreshingly tangy lemon icing)
    -- Daisy-Go-Rounds (reduced fat)(crispy cinnamon flowers)

If you're in the Cleveland area, I'll be more than happy to deliver them. I'm just going to put in a big order, so once they come in no one will have to wait.

Thanks!
    Crysta

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

only problem I've ever had with Girl Scout cookies is I've had to open the pack and leave them sitting oopen for a week or so to soften up.

Hate a crunchy cookie.

4. rushlow2004

you can freeze them..I don't know what to say, I have never had a bad cookie lol..

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Cookie season cracks me up. I have a niece in Girl Scouts and this is competitive. Good luck.

6. rushlow2004

It can be, but as long as the girls know this is going towards the whole troop and its for a good thing, then there shouldn't be any pushing and shoving..I almost didn't post and even with the girl scout rules you can as long as you don't use the word "For Sale" lol..which I didn't. My daughter is doing great so far into 2 days and I'm just so proud of her, she doesn't want me near her when she sells them..it's just to funny to watch..
    You guys have a great night!
    Sheri

7. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Thin Mints are evil and wonderful.

I will not make an effort to buy any, but if some little girl approaches me in front of the grocery store, I can't say no. Just for the good of the troupe, of course...

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any of these left for sale??? I actually hid 2 box from myself and now I can't find them.

9. rushlow2004

yep let me know..I got all of them, and just order 18 more cases for the next two weeks, sales end on March 14th, so I got enough for my daughter to sell this weekend..let me know what you want and I will see what I can do.
    Sheri

PM ME!

10. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM.

11. rushlow2004

Got the PM. Anyone else, cause they are going fast and I haven't even picked them up yet..picking them up tonight I hope. On another note, I will not be ordering anymore, cause I don't want to take the chance of getting stuck with any after this is over..I don't want to see another GS cookie box for another year lol
    Sheri

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We just bought 8 boxes from the SIL - took it out in trade for WCES cookie dough. :cheers:

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

The group at CVS were selling theirs for $7 a box!

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Really? I thought they were always a set price.

15. rushlow2004

You know that really really ticks me off, they are only 3.50 a box and any troop selling them knows this..they are breaking big time rules. I wish I knew the troop number I would turn them in a heart beat..now if you can tell me what time and what CVS, I can find out the troop from my cookie mom for our troop.
    This is not the way this is suppose to be, I'm sorry you saw that.
    Sheri

16. rushlow2004

Thanks for the ones that ordered cookies from my daughter, I hope you guys are enjoying them..Thanks again!
    Sheri

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Sat afternoon, around 4ish, the CVS at 42 and Cleveland sch rd.
    What really ticks me off is that I paid it! At the time I thought da-yum! prices have really gone up and then I get home and the cookies are smaller and then I checked this thread - :evil: I drove back up there and was gonna ask them, but they were already gone. I saw them up there last Sat (I think?) so I might still go by there if I seem them there again and ask? :evil:

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Probably the same troop that wanted me to pay 75.00 for Thing I to join.

20. rushlow2004

Cleo how old is thing 1, let me know in a private PM, it's not 75 to join. I paid 10 for me and 10 for my DD and I had to pay for her activities this past year cause she wasnt in the troop when they did cookie sales last year, because of the amount my daughter sold all her activities and her GS camp is paid for this upcoming year.
    You will have to pay for her vest and what badges (like troop numbers ect), that was like 35 for my DD, but didn't even get that till like 7 months after she joined, didn't bother with till she needed it for the cookie booths. The troop she is in is wonderful and all the mothers get along and the kids have known each other for a long time.
    I will ask if they have a opening..all the mothers are very involved in the troop and it works out great!
    Sheri