walmart shoes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Does the one in Clayton still have a decent selection of shoes? The one at 4042 sucks! :banghead:

2. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Kind of like the one at 4042....not a big selection any more. I hate it because I can't find anything I like any more. I find more shoes I like at KMart than WalMart any more.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I too have noticed that Walmarts selection has shrunk when it comes to shoes,at all locations.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The walmart at 40/42 has the crappiest departments I've ever seen except for groceries and electronics which are pretty big.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

You're right,hardly any crafts at all. I tried to find bird food the other day-no luck either.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the shoe dept in the smithfield walmart is like how the shoe dept at the clayton walmart used to be. maybe even a little better. not so junky.

dbs wife

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Walmart shoes...Does anyone know where I can find some of these for my Mom? He loves these shoes and I think they came from Walmart but they don't carry them any more. Nor does Kmart. ..s'what Mom says. Anybody seen these around?

I took a picture of Moms foot for show and tell. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

They look like Keds ??

TJ Maxx?

9. nsanemom22

I think they are the Keds knock of.. Never considered just going out and getting Keds though! Thanks! I think the ones she gets are $3 a pair. She's REALLY never been to spend money on shoes.

Looks like I'll be buying her some Keds!

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Shoes are the one thing that I really am willing to spend extra money on, cause if they aren't comfortable then any money spent is a waste. Also found for the most part that I can get alot more wear out of a higher quality more exspensive shoe than the cheapo from Walmart, but then again aside from my golf shoes I only have 1 or 2 pair that I wear regularly.

Craig

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I used to wear cheap shoes......................until I had to have foot surgery. It ain't worth it. :?

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

There just aren't many good shoe stores anymore. I have a wide foot and even Payless doesn't carry the wide shoe selection they used to. I don't like the new shoe dept. in Wal-Mart-seems to be a very limited selection now.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If you want shoes with scuff marks like that you are going to have to do yard sales or second hand shops.

On a serious note, my wife finally convinced me to go into Walmart a couple of months ago, and I looked at tennis shoes (my good pair are dirt track tennis shoes and have zero traction on ice and light snow).

Got a beautiful pair for $18 that were perfect for winter wear, the third time I wore them they broke (next to no heel support) resulting in a twisted ankle.

A tube of Shoe Goo later they are better than new.

I don't think I will be shopping Walmart again anytime soon.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Absolutely, that's one thing I don't go cheap on.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Went through that with a pair of their jeans. Button on the fly broke the first time I wore them.

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Is that a typo????

17. don't ask,, don't tell,,

18. nsanemom22

yes :p

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

they have bird food, or are you looking for outdoor bird food?