Help! What is the name of the lake to camp out near here?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

So I was told there was a really nice lake to camp at either in or near Johnston County. It's not Jordan or Falls.

Tent camping if that helps.

Will take suggestions as well. Thanks!

:allears:

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Lake Wheeler,that's near Johnston county.
    Lake Benson,but I don't know if you can camp there.
    Harris Lake,not in JoCo either.

3. timlee

timlee Member

camping

There is a place in Newton Grove called Taste of Heaven Campground. We go there 2 to 3 times a year. very nice people. They have a play ground for kids,fishing,paddle boats and more. they have full hook-ups and tent camping. Hope this helps

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a website for them. Do they have a brochure available? We are always looking for places close by to take our camper.

5. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Don't know if still can camp there

but Tucker Lake is the closest I can think of ....

use to be able to camp there many years ago ..

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Might be talkin' about Buscoe Beach. I don't know much about it. Anyone? :?

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've been to Taste of Heaven before, although not for camping...just for a days outing. An older man and his wife own the place and seem to be good folk. The owners farm, I think. Its off of Highway 55 about a mile off of I-40 to the west. The lake there is pretty, but certainly smaller than a Lake Wheeler or the like. They also have some farm animals and a fellowship type facility with (I think) drink machines and some nifty porch swings/rocking chairs. They also have restrooms. Its just a simple, serene, family-run campground. Also, if you need food and supplies there is a Food Lion, McDonalds, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Hardees, convenient stores, a couple of banks, and a drug store within about a mile or two.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Buscoe is a popular place to ride ATVs from what I understand down beside the Neuse in Goldsboro on US 117. That's a pretty easy find, but about an hour's drive. You just head east until you get to Goldsboro on US 70, hang a right toward Mount Olive (in direction of Wilmington) and go about 4-5 miles.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Camp Crystal Lake......:jester:

10. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

You can no longer camp at Tucker Lake which sucks :(

11. dgsatman

Maybe I meant Buckhorn Reservoir...... Anyone???? :?

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

http://www.wilson-nc.com/50things.cfm

13. dgsatman

There ya go!!! Thanx, crazymom!!! :)

14. frustratedcitizen

frustratedcitizen Active Member

There is a campground at Kerr Lake that is wonderful. It's only about an hour and change drive from Exit 319.