Old building across from Broadmoor?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I see where somoene has been wokring on that old builidng across from the Broadmoor entrance, replacing roof, siding, etc. Anyone know what the deal is? New business? To be sure it won't be a residence, right?

I'm so nosy. :)

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

maybe they are going to put up some more illegals for farm work?

3. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Ummmm...

Super Target? :jester:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nope, Hustler adult store.

Hey, everyone wanted a book store, now we are going to get one.

Early April's fool!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Can't place where you are. Are you next to the next Oakland church or across from broadmoor west? Still can't recall a bldg.

6. Rockyv58

The building is kind of yellowish with a metal roof.

7. Rockyv58

I have a cousin who use to have an adult book store up in Pittsburgh. One day his 13 yo daughter asked why she couldn't go into work with him. With in a year he had it sold and moved to Florida.

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, I am glad I am not the "nosy" one. I will see what I can find out :)

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

How are you going to find out without being nosy ? :? :)

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I thought that was someone's house? Still can't recall a building but know of that yellow house. Going to drive past there cause I live near there. Can you imagine living in the same spot for years and not remembering anything? Like working with people for years and not recalling a face? Ha........

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Robbie, go past the fire dept, past DR Wells Store, past the Church, pass Broadmoor Pool and Main Entrance on your left (Broadmoor Way)... it's directly in front of the main Broadmoor Entrance.

12. old school

old school Well-Known Member

They are going to open a store to sell whole food items and I think they said they may be doing some whole food baking but that was early on, I don't know if the baking is still going to happen. I wish them luck they are nice folks and they have done a lot of hard work there.

13. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

Where are they going park people? Right now there is none.

14. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Is their stuff going to be different than the stuff that DR Wells Sells?

15. cece

cece Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a whole foods type place local. I hope they do open... :)

16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

For a 5 second history lesson...
    That building was a Cotton Gin way back when. It was owned by a local Coats family. Later it was used as a home for one of the single Coats men. Cannot remember which brother was the one that was single.

It has looked like tired for a number of years.

I was thrilled to see any love being given to the old Gin.

17. Rockyv58

I know there was an old beat up Mercedes there for a while

18. old school

old school Well-Known Member

not sure about the parking, I guess on the sides, there is more land there than there appears from the road.
    The man that lived in the old gin house was Jeff Coats, he passed and left the house to his nephew Sammy Coats and we lost Sammy a couple of years ago to cancer. Sammy's wife Nan and her new husband are opening the place, I think he is already a supplier in the whole foods business.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  19. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

When are they supposed to open?

20. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Really??? Interesting! Will have to check it out if it does come to fruition.