GCAA Baseball 8:00AM Sunday!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Niese, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Why am I waking up to the sounds of baseball at 8:15 in the morning on a Sunday? GCAA has two ballgames going on this morning. Are they make up games or is this going to be part or their normal schedule?!?

Don't get me wrong - I love the game and love living as close as I do to the fields and totally respect the sounds and sites of the game - but Sunday morning?

Soccer games already wake me up on Saturdays - now are my Sundays mornings going to be waken up with cheers as well?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Wonder if the games had been playing, for years, before you moved here? Ill even bet you cant find a local or state law or ordinance that says youth sporting events/games have to be played during "these" hours only.

Even if you lived in Broadmoor i cant imagine you could hear any cheers coming from the gym, no matter what hour of the day.

3. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Instead of complaining here, how about sending them an email or calling them directly?

4. bbfan

bbfan Guest

It was a tournament for travel baseball which is more competitive then the regular rec league baseball and each team plays 3-5 games Sat and Sunday. There are several Wildcat travel teams now so it may happen once in awhile, but it should not happen every weekend.

5. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. I was just curious on what to expect. I love the game, but was just surprised this morning.

6. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

First of all I wasn't complaining --- I was curious what was going on. I figured I would get a quicker response on here since a lot of folks know whats going on in the area. Thanks!

7. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Baseball - not basketball. I have lived here for years already and just don't recall having games being played that early on a Sunday morning - Saturday sure, but not Sunday.

I was just curious as to what was going on, not looking to start anything. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just ignore him today, he was unusally grumpy. 8) Your post did not come off as a complaint to me, not that my opinion matters much. :cheers:

9. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Thanks.

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I did read it wrong and thought it was basketball. Its what i get for waking up before 3pm on a Sunday. My apologies.

11. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

No problem. Thanks.