Soccer Gear for a 5 year old

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by roca1216, Mar 16, 2010.

1. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

My son is going to play soccer this year. I am wondering if any parents with kids playing soccer would tell me where to get shorts, cleats, etc for my son.

2. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Soccer stuff

You have several choices. There is a soccer story in Cary (sorry, don't know the name). With that being said, you can get most anything you need at ****'s Sporting Goods in White Oak.

You can also check local/Raleigh/Cary consignments stores. We got our son's stuff at ****'s Sporting Goods. They were very helpful.

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Target has inexpensive cleats, shin guards as well.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Go to ****'s and get the package deal - cleats, shin guards, and a ball.

5. crunchymom

crunchymom Well-Known Member

My son is 5 & I'm coaching his team this year. I bought his shin guards & cleats at D*ck's in the White Oak shopping center. They have a package there for shin guards, cleats, and ball for around $30. The cleats I bought were $20, and shin guards were $10, so you might want to ask about the package.

6. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I agree with the package deal at D Sporting goods. You might find some coupons online to help with the price. Be sure you get the correct size ball for a 5 year old. I don't know alot about sports and didn't know that soccer balls come in different sizes until our coach requested a certain size ball. Also, buy comfortable poly blend shorts. My son hated the cheap silky nylon type. We found the cheap Adidas cleats to be fine as their feet grow and usually only wear them one season. I have last years to sell right now. Thanks for the reminder :)

8. crunchymom

crunchymom Well-Known Member

U6 uses a size 3 ball. :)