A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Top o' the morning to ya. May your day be filled with gold at the end of your rainbow.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

For each petal on the shamrock, This brings a wish your way -Good health, good luck, and happiness, For today and every day. ~Author Unknown

:cheers:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I thought this was interesting, don't think I'd heard this explanation before.:lol:

Symbolic shamrock meaning got its most popular reputation in Ireland around the fifth century. During this time Saint Patrick was going about the business of introducing and establishing Christianity among the people.

Nature has a way of revealing deep symbolism on a simplified level.

St. Patrick must have understood this as legend indicates he utilized the three leafed clover as an illustration of the Christian holy trinity. Each leaf representing:
    • Father
    • Son
    • Holy Ghost
    The three portrusions may also be symbolic of the three theological virtues found in first Corinthians 13:13
    • Faith
    • Love
    • Hope

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

And the 4's

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I LOVE the fact that my son believes in leprechauns. He has been on the lookout for them since he woke up. :)

6. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

10 cent millionaires drive me nuts! :x

7. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

aww that is cute! you need to make some kind of small foot print in your yard or somewhere and leave some of those gold coin candies for him to find :) so he will think the leprechaun came :)

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

As usual, I'm at the wrong end of the rainbow.

9. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

They are in abundance in Johnston County!!!!!! JMHO

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If a man walks in the woods.....and he tells a story. Is he still a lyar?:popcorn:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with an ever full pint of Guiness at the end of my rainbow.

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Depends on whether or not the story is true...;)

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

My shirt is green. If one more woman pinches me because they say it's blue I'm going to file for sexual harassment.

14. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

This is so funny. I made a comment to my boss that he didn't have green on and he was like "my tie is green". Well the stripes on his tie were green when I was standing two inches from him to look at it. Otherwise, it looked like black or dark blue. Maybe that's your problem. In which case just ask the ladies to step closer. 8)

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That clears it up then, I now know that all women are either color blind or they want to pinch their bosses.

16. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

What is a lyar?

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

It's what you women call us men all the dizang time...But u prolly like the word liar. Since we are lazy to. Lyar does it better yo.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well dumb me, broke my left shoulder, bruised my ribs and most of the left side of my body. Instead of using a two step ladder to stand and change my kitchen clock I used a chair. I went flying over the side and bounced on the hardwood floors. I ache all over and am having a hard time doing items because if I put pressure on the left arm I scream.

Six to eight weeks of therapy and all. Poor me..........what an idiot I am.

Sherry

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

You're so funny.