Want me to adopt your old deck furniture?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Mar 19, 2010.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I guess I'm in the same boat as a lot are this spring...it's getting nicer and nicer out, and many of the plans that I had for home improvements, etc, just didn't happen because of the financial crunch that we're all sort of feeling, no matter the bracket. We certainly have no room to complain, though. As long as my bills are paid and my food is on the table and I have a way to do so, it'll stay that way! LOL! Talk about "old fashioned!" LOL!

Anyway, one of the "improvements" that I wanted to make this spring was to get furniture for my deck. It's lonely and empty and since we've only been here for a while we didn't put it at the top of our list of things to do. And like everything else, when you put dollars to dollars it's a luxury right now.

Instead, I thought of something last night. There has to be someone out there with patio furniture that isn't "the best" and they are wanting to upgrade. I'd be more than willing to remove it and give it a few more good years. I have four boys that LOVE the outdoors in the summer, and I can't tell you how many times I said "I wish we had somewhere to SIT and enjoy the warm weather!"

If anyone is thinking of doing this, or knows someone could you let me know? I know it's a strange request, but as it stands I just don't see how I could put it in our budget.

Thanks
    Tiffany

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Tiffany i know it isn't the nicest looking but when we first moved here and had a deck for the first time, we just went out and bought those plastic chairs and table from CVS - worked fine for kids and grandkids till we could get something else.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

prioritize and good things happen..

look at yard sales and moving sales. even the flea markets in smithfield are a great resource.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member