What is everyone doing for Spring Break?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cece, Mar 21, 2010.

1. cece

cece Well-Known Member

We haven't decided yet.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

What Spring Break?

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Probably the beach for a day or 2, then plenty of work around the house to keep me busy. :neutral:

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Staying here. Too expensive to go anywhere at the moment. Plus, my son just lost an $8K piece of medical equipment he has to have. It was not insured and he has already used up the free replacement we get. Yep, no spring break--LOL. Maybe we can discuss dream spring breaks on here. so far everyone I've spoken with is staying here. Love to hear where people are going. Enjoy your spring breaks everyone! And do take pictures.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Yea really

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

No plans here yet... Does anyone remember which day is supposed to be a snow make up day? Isn't it one of the spring break days? Is it April 2nd?

7. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Nope, it's the 9th. Why mess up a single Friday when they can ruin a whole week??

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Figures... Thanks

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Conducting a wedding ceremony for a local couple, then heading to Kitty Hawk to join C6 as she "shoots" a wedding there, spend a couple of days at the beach, back to the house.

10. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Either going to see my Dad in Atlanta; maybe catch a Braves game if they're at home. Oh, how I miss my Braves' games!

Or, going to my Aunt's in St. Augustine, FL. Can't beat the vacation package there. Only have to pay for the gas...lodging, meals, activities, all the swimming the kids want to do and lots of love and hugs are included!
    8)

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that was my question:lol:

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

For several years this is what I did for spring break.

http://www.springbreaknationals.com/

But alas, it got to be a very exspensive habit, and one which didn't offer any return other than trophies, and perhaps a magazine blurb here and there. But did make a ton of friends doing it.

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Picking up my future DIL and grandson and bringing them here to spend some time with us, working on wedding stuff for my son's wedding, going to my brother's wedding, and not sure what all else.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

More like Spring Broke. Likely very little except for working and time around home.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok, what am i missing here? Are most of y'all teachers or do you just take off at Spring Break cause the kids are off?

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my kids are going to their Grandma's for the week. They are excited!

17. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Myself, I am a stay-at home-Mom of four and because of my husband's profession, the only parent at home during the week. The only reason I do not work outside the home is because I have at least one sick child at home every week or every other week. Not an excuse, just reality...it would be very hard to keep a job.

Fortunately, the kids and I are able to take trips a couple of times a year which would probably not happen if I had a "real job". And, like I said, I can go stay in Florida and only have to pay for the gas to get there and back.
    As far as a real vacation...my 3 youngest, who are 7 and 5yo twins, have never had one and my oldest who is 15, went to Disney when he was 5.
    So, if it weren't for being able to go out of town at little to no cost, we wouldn't be going anywhere for Spring Break, either!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WOW, you really have your hands full, i believe you have more than a full time job on your hands, good luck and congrats on handling it all:hurray:

19. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kaci!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

when is JoCo Spring Break? (can you tell all my kids are grown?)