break-ins

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tigerlily, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

That's good!

2. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Lafayette Place

I dont have too much info to report otherthan there was a break in sometime today at my neighbors house. Its in Lafayette Place near Cornwallis and 42. We back up to Carrington Place. Apparently, the burglar(s) came on bike...because the police found at least one bike that did not belong to the owner.
    Stay safe and use your alarm system if you have one!!!

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Two break-ins that I'm aware of in Southills so far this past week. One across the street from me & one four doors down. One broke into a work truck and stole equipment and such inside. The other broke into the home and stole stuff from inside. Too close to home. Sad that break ins are getting more frequent.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

eventually, someone is going to shoot one of these snot-nosed little ****s and it'll die down for a while. warm weather brings em out...

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Warm weather?
    Kids have nothing to do, they don't have jobs like I had growing up.
    They have NO respect for other people or their property.

I'd like to get my hands on 'em :boxing::boxing:

6. dangerboy

yes, it has been my experience that with the warmer weather, the little ****s are more likely to be outdoors at night than in the cold. not saying they don't happen in winter, but i've always noticed a rash of breakins of cars in driveways and apt parking lots after the weather warms up...

plus all that other stuff you mentioned

7. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

^^ I think it's happening already.

Neighbor in the front of our subdivision woke up the other night because nature called and he noticed a white sedan parked in the shadows, he turned on his front light and 2 men ran from his driveway and also 2 that were in his neighbors drive took off. This happened @ ~3:30 AM in Drayton Downs

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My vehicle was rummaged through in Glen Haven (off Barber Mill Rd.) last night. Now I can't say always but I usually double check my door locks. Last night was the first time in many years that I haven't double & triple checked the locks.

9. dangerboy

they're getting craftier. not rummaging, but selectively lifting, leaving most things undisturbed. hitting wake county, too.

if you have had your stuff taken, please file a larceny from vehicle report. just a list of the 4 cds or 1 gps that got lifted from you can add all sorts of multiple counts if/when they catch the perp. yeah, it might be a hassle, but it might also be the piece of info that pushes the charges over an edge that gets them in even deeper...

10. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

I saw a bunch of unmarked Sheriffs cars on wednesday early afternoon in my development (Horseman's Ridge, off of Dairy Rd) A neighbor told me there had been a home invasion (with a family at home) down the street. Anyone else have any info on this?

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

3 teenagers were arrested for it. Its on wmpm.

12. dangerboy

CHS Students Charged In Armed Robbery
    Three Clayton High students have been arrested on armed robbery and kidnapping charges. Johnston County sheriff’s detectives said two Clayton High students were [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]at an address on Horseman’s Ridge Drive Wednesday night when three suspects wearing masks forced their way into the residence. One of the intruders was armed with a shotgun. One suspect forced the victims into closets at gunpoint, while the other two collected money and electronics in the home to steal. The suspects then fled in an SUV. Detectives later recovered most of the stolen items and the weapon used in the robbery. David Atkinson, 18, Dillon Milsap, 17, and Fernando Paz, 17, all from Clayton were charged with kidnapping, burglary, larceny, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and felony conspiracy to commit robbery. All three were confined in the Johnston County Jail under a $300,000 bond each.

13. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting the info. While we should all continue to stay vigilant, it is a relief that they were caught.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the info. I couldn't figure out how to do it from my BB.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

kids are out of school for the summer....

BOLT EVERTHING DOWN
    LOCK YOUR DOORS
    CLOSE YOUR GARAGE DOOR

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm so much better about that now!! I shut and think............whew.............HG won't be calling me today!! :lol:

17. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

We've had issues here in my neighborhood. Security going in Wed.
    I ALWAYS shut my garage door (with the cars inside!!!). My mom was killed by someone getting in her house through the garage (not here in NC).

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Holy Crap, I am sorry to hear that about your Mother. It is a scary world we live in. Can't be too cautious.

19. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

Where are our law enforcements officers? Who knows? I know where they where this morning at 6AM. Three Sheriffs dept patrol cars sitting at Chops. I suppose they had a rough night patrolling our busy streets or maybe this is where they gather to regroup, anyways, thank goodness for the 2nd Amendment, at least we still have that..............

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe their shift was over?