Tick Time!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Mar 24, 2010.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Check yourself, kids and pets.... ticks are out!! I've already had 2 tick bites :evil: and found 3 crawling on me after raking in the yard today:twisted:! Also have found 2 on the dogs ear!

I should add that I do live in a VERY heavily wooded area!! I also found 2 baby snakes while raking today too... nothing venemous.... just baby king snakes probably....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ewwwww, ticks have always grossed me out, which was not a good thing with 3 boys:lol:

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Oh no, not already!! I was hoping we would have a little more time before they came out! But I also saw some aphids on some of my plants already and I bet the fleas are not far behind if not already there.
    Thanks for letting us now!

4. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

Remember to mark on your calendar that you were bitten today. Try to see if you can ID the ticks that bit you (Deer, Lonestar, etc.). If you get sick in the next month or so, make sure you tell your doctor that you were bit by 2 ticks.

I always mark my calendar and generally keep the ticks in a baggie for up to two weeks before discarding them just in case I need to send them in for testing. IgeneX in California can test ticks for about 5 different diseases.

Lyme Disease isn't the only thing you have to worry about either. There are many tick borne illnesses.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

100 Sssnakes Ssslaughtered in Florida :ack:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,589824,00.html

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

OK, folks, don't EVEN start with the snake stuff....:lol:

7. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Sat. afternoon after I was all done raking leaves and pulling some weeds, I felt something crawling on the side of my face. I went and looked and dang if it wasn't a tick. I hate them things.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yeah, I know. It about made me sick when they talked about some of them had liquified and the stench being so bad. Just don't understand folks sometimes..:banghead:

10. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

found a tick attached on me tuesday. had been in the woods for about 5 minutes on sunday. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

snakes dont bother me. spiders freak me out.

if you had to choose between being completely covered in snakes or spiders (and you had to choose one!) which one would it be? definitely snakes for me.

db's weird wife

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

definitely snakes, as long as they are well fed and not venemous! Spiders creep me out too (except for daddy-longlegs and the Charlotte-looking garden spiders).

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Found a tick this weekend on one of our outdoor kitties...applied Frontline right away!

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I despise cats.