You know you went to West Johnston .... FB page...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Feb 17, 2010.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep yep...

and that teacher in Apex just this week got in huge trouble (as in she is on "leave" for now) for talking smack on her FB page about the school she worked for and some of her peers....

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

seriously, I am thinking right now how many jobs I would have to work to put them in private school(not that this doesn't go on there, but you know what I mean).....

I am on J&B's FB page every other day....and I have had to take out the trash a couple a times....some parents today make me sick!!!

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

They even have their photos on there. Really DUMB!

4. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Same kids, different school. Same attitudes, different technology.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know, they let their kids get away with murder because they are either too damn lazy or just don't give a crap. I was around some brats over the weekend, and I'm telling you, DS wouldn't sit down for a week the way some of those kids were acting and talking. I was floored. :?

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Granted that the views represent a minor portion of the student body. Yet, they have found some way to express themselves.

While I admit that the expression is less than scholarly, I would much rather that the Powers That Be at the Board of Education consider what is being said, and if due diligence indicates issues that should be further investigated, that the board do so.

Like it or not, these are our kids, their friends and associates. These are the future taxpayers and citizens.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree but I think I was smarter than to use my freedom of speech in a way that could be seen by my parents.

Sherry

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm just shocked at what I've been hearing. :ack::ack::ack:

If you had kids in band from 2003-2009 talk to them.

9. Sherry A.

I told my daughter about the fb page and she said that all of the high schools have a fb that some kid setup. I asked if she had written anything on Clayton High's and she stated nope.

Sherry

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I'm glad to see my high school isn't on there.

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

How do you know?

I heard police have been at the school investigating this...

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I can't find Clayton High's but would love to see it!

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Sherry, I told my son the same things. I also reminded him that these groups are public, and anything he puts on there can be viewed by perspective employers and colleges he might apply to. Some of those kids really looked idiotic.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly!!

I googled myself not too long ago when I started to thnk about looking for a job, wanted to make sure that my FB privacy settings are working. There is NOTHING on there I'd be worried about and employer seeing, but knowing my luck, someone would post something trying to be funny and there you would be.

15. Sherry A.

I'll get my daughter to get me to the one the kids are posting on and give it to you. Probably will be tomorrow.

Sherry

16. Sherry A.

There are more than the ones I have listed below but somebody else needs to search for them. My daughter says at least the swimming one makes a person join before kids can state things.

You Know You Went To CHS if….

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=4912034961

the COOL People from C-Town

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=2236217360

Clayton swimming is the ****

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=C...&ref=search&sid=100000749054895.3601091046..1

Sherry

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  17. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If you have never worked for a school system you have no clue. I have. Teachers are freaks!

19. Sherry A.

:iagree:

20. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

The San Fransisco liberals in NAMBLA would not agree Sherry.