Redbox

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Mar 25, 2010.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I sent a e-mail to Redbox asking why they do not have "The Blind Side" for rent yet. Here is their answer.

"Hello,
    Thank you for your email. Due to our new agreement with Warner, we are not able to carry their new releases until 28 days after release. The Blind Side will be available in redbox machines on April 20. Please visit www.SaveLowCostDVDs.com for more
    information.
    If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know and anyone in customer service would be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    Courtney
    Redbox Customer Care
    1.866.REDBOX3
    www.redbox.com
    SaveLowCostDVDs.com"

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

The cable company has this as an exclusive and are currently running 'nyah, nyah' ads. I think I can wait...

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

A more important question would be "Why is the Redbox at the 40/42 Wal-Mart blue?". :jester:

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

LOL. Blue light specials? No wait, that is K-Mart.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think they are beginning to position themselves for Blueray, but that is pure speculation.

6. Gomer Pyle

Why are they red in the first place? Thankyewverymuch for asking. According to one of my guys who worked on the prototypes (R&D here in NC, BTW...) they originally had a placement deal with McDonald's "restaurants" that fell through.

The ones are WallyMart are blue 'cause they (WalMart) wanted 'em that way and very few vendors can argue with them.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually I have seen the Redbox's at a number ofMcD's around the country. The one that stands out is the Cookville, TN location.

8. Gomer Pyle

It seems like a natural positioning...I wasn't privy to the details, but I'm sure there were $$$$$ involved.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Might be individual unit deals also. I remember the TN location because the machine was right in front of the drive through lane and the inattentiveness of it's patrons.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

I have often thought that myself....

11. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

Walmart probably don't want anything red in their store because the customer will associate red with Target.