Anyone get together for games/cards?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MizSeeker, Mar 27, 2010.

1. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Well - we're sorta moved in - which means the garage is full of stuff I need to find a place for. BUT - once that is done - I was wondering if anyone gets together for card games - poker - bunco - rummy - etc. ??? Years ago I was part of a dinner and game group and had some good times - was wondering if anyone connected like that around here?

thanks!

Martha

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sheephead?

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

They're awfully good to eat, don't know any games to play with 'em... :?

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, I play all those games but they are organized in our neighborhood. Maybe you could get a group of neighbors?

Sherry

5. MizSeeker

That might be the way to go. Especially as I can't really drive at night. I can't really try and get anything together soon. I feel like I worked my behind off all day and got nothing done. This moving business is for the birds!

We'll see -8)

martha

PS - the sheephead comment ... skared me. :jester:

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We have a person assigned to organize each event, we have a different host house each month and we stop during the summer because everyone's too busy. It's great having it in the neighboor because if you drink you can walk home. Also, different groups get close enough to take vacations together and give the kids to grandparents during that time.

Sherry

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In Southern Wisconsin if you say that you want to get together to play cards it is automatically assumed that you are going to play the card game Sheephead.

It is played with a partial deck (cue the peanut gallery) and is in many ways like the game Euchre.

http://www.sheepshead.org/

8. MizSeeker

ooooOOOOOOOooooooo - ok - less scary now.

:lol:

Martha