A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Gives a whole new meaning to "hoarding" LOL

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know!!! I've heard of folks doing that, but relatively soon after the birth. Not years later after it's been hanging out in the freezer in a ziplock bag. The dad got it out and was handling it showing it to the kid it came from. She was all :ack: too, LOL.

3. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Where are you going in Wyoming? I grew up in the least populated county in the least populated state in this country....

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Someplace called Riverton, looks to be actually a larger sized town than I thought of about 10K near the center of the state.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You still there?

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

That movie about those girls who made a pregnancy pact is on tonight. Not sure if I'll watch it or not.

Sherry

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds like an AT&T commercial! :jester:

No, that work will be a little later this year.

8. Sherry A.

Yes, it does. Oh, just wondering. I'm a nosey person. :mrgreen:

Sherry

9. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I have friends who lived there for years and may still have some there but I left the area many years ago and have only been back a handful of times. I lived over in the eastern part of the state. There is a lot to see. Riverton is right in the middle of the Shoshone Reservation. You will be very close to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole if you have some time. If you want to go north a bit the Little Big Horn is a couple hours drive...Be sure to take your camera and a bit of winter gear. I was up around Estes Park in June a couple years ago and a jacket would have been very nice. If you are interested in the wildlife, it would not be unusual to see small herds of deer and antelope running fairly close to the highway. If you look out a bit you may see moose and elk. I miss some things about the area but I don't want to go back to the cold.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my sightseeing is limited to venturing from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the client. I would love to go sightseeing for a few days in that I have only seen Wyoming from 30,000' and I hear it is beautiful.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Here's my weekend - worked from 8:00AM Friday until 3:00 AM today. Up at 5:00AM to take youngest daughter to Greensboro for a dance competition. Checked her in and hurried back to Durham to see my oldest in another dance competition. Left Durham at 12:30 to get back to Greensboro and watch my youngest dance at 1:41 scheduled time. She called me as I was pulling back in to the coliseum at 1:10 saying that they went early and I missed her, turned around and hurried back to Durham where I missed one of oldest daughters performances but saw the rest. Just got home - hopefully watching Calipari the crook get knocked out of the tournament and going night night.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Geez!!! I'm tired just reading all that!! I was feeling stressed trying to get to Camp T in Bentonville in time for the crossover tonight. Just got back and am almost thawed out. They are still there though. A bit breezy to be sleeping in a tent tonight.

Get some rest!!

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I wonder if my kids appreciate it.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If they don't fully appreciate it now, they will when they are older and understand how much you have sacrificed for them. :grouphug:

15. nsanemom22

I want a cigarette. ....Does the "want" ever go away?

My Gran-daddy quit in his 60's or early 50's and in his 70's, I still remember him saying he wanted one. He died at 82, NOT smoking related.

The first (few) times I quit I could smell DH's smoke in the mornings or as soon as he lit one, with the a/c fan always running, and it stunk! (is that the word?...stank?) He no longer smokes in the house because of me but when he comes in from being outside to smoke...it smells..ok. Doesn't make me want one but doesn't stink either. The first few times I quit I could tell as soon as he lit one up (inside the house). Nasty. I haven't gotten to the "nasty" phase yet, I guess. I know all the hazards so don't even think it. ... It doesn't stop the 'want'.

[​IMG]

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I quit almost 12 years ago and have absolutely no desire for one, nor have I in several years. And yes, it's a nasty, filthy habit that STINKS!!! :evil:

Don't ever put another one in your mouth thinking "I'll just smoke one" - It'll be a BIG mistake!!!

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:hurray:what a great dad you are, seriously! Too bad you ended up missing their actual performances though after all your effort! :cry:

18. Sherry A.

Isn't it always that way..............you do all that and miss the performance........proud of ya'.

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

I'm a living example. Tried to quit but did not succeed. Down to less than a pack on most days.

Sherry

Nsane...one of my grandfathers quit when he put a quarter in the vending machine and didn't get a nickle back.

20. nsanemom22

I am sick to death of ****! I swear someone here stops the toilet up at least a couple times a month. It may not be much but it's a lot to me. Maybe if it were MY **** I wouldn't be so bothered. ...I swear the men in this house **** like elephants.

Is there such a thing as a plunger that works?

:evil:

Don't they make toilets that are guaranteed not to stop up?! Can someone point me in that direction? ...THAT's what I want for my anniversary next week. A toilet guaranteed to flush elephant ****.