A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

thanks to federally mandated water usage regulations, you can't buy a toilet in america anymore that uses more than 1.6 GPF, so basically ya takes yer chances every time no matter what.

the federal government: they know so much better than you that they know how much water it will take to flush your dumps before you even take them...

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Didn't that happen during the Bush Administration? :mrgreen: Nsane...all girls in our house and it happens here too. ****es me off every time.

Sherry

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LMAO!!!!! As the only female in this house, I understand!! That is NOT my job though. I didn't cause it, so I ain't fixin' it!!! :ack:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Wife bought a plunger Saturday from Lowe's Hardware with a pump on the end (like that used to inflate a bicycle tire). It blew that **** right out of there.

I Don't know of she was more pleased with her purchase or if it was that she clogged that sucker in the first place.

5. Sherry A.

I'm watching the movie Amish Grace on TV about the shooting in their school. They are some darn strong people. I've read about this religion and have thought about visiting an Amish community but never have.

Strong people.

Sherry

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We toured some of the Amish country in PA a couple years ago, actually very near where this happened. My Mom lives near there now (obviously did not grow up there). Beautiful country, but would take some getting used to.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yeah, who needs that new fangled invention "electricity" anyways! 8)

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! Actually, one of the things that bothered me was a bity of hypocrisy about using "modern" equipment. A lot of the farm machinery, especially the diarys are run with diesel. I just see it as splitting hairs to not use electricity when they are using diesel equipment to do the same job. Same with phones. They have them, just not IN their houses, there are little booths just like old fashioned phone booths out in the yard. They make money off of the tourists the same as any other tourist trap. It was kind of disheartening, truth be told. As I've posted here before, my family had and a few still do dairy farming. So as we observed their farms, we noted that they cut the tails off the cattle to keep them from slinging manure when you are trying to milk them. That's all well and good for the farmer...............but that poor cow has no way then to brush the flys off themselves. :? I don't know, you see it so romanticized (sp?) but the reality is far different.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I knew one guy who owned a business refurbishing heavy equipment, used diesel to power the equipment needed. Also had a personal driver to take him where ever he needed to go.

10. judgmental much,,

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Everybody here is bitchy today including the dog, he didn't listen on his morning walk for nothing. I'm going back to bed.

Good nite.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

At least they're not on some internet message board complaining about their Progress Energy bills. :jester:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I watched that too last night. One has to ask themselves "what would you do?" I would probablly react like the mom

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am excited I get to see some old faces this coming wednesday from 4042. Don't forget. Wednesday 12:00 at the AleHouse at Briar Creek. I am super excited!

17. if it lasts longer than 4 hrs call Dr.

18. Sherry A.

I think I would too. I did ask myself that during the movie.

Sherry

19. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

random thought for the day....
    mondays stink,,,but this one really stinks...

i want to go home and eat pork chops and hug my hubby and kids and pet the dogs..then "farm" until i fall asleep...

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree: