WJHS Student & Another Person Drown in Wreck

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bosoxfan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I went by there today, creek is receeded and sure doesn't look like it took 2 lives yesterday morning... so sad.

:cry:

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Even the pictures taken from the scene while JCSO don't show much/any water in the roadway. It must've gone down in a hurry.

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

For those that know the Chenette family, the funeral is tonight at 7pm at the funeral home across from the Clayton WalMart. There will not be a viewing or burial, just the service. We just found this out and wanted to pass this on in case anyone wanted to pay their respects.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The funeral is NOT tonight.

Alissa's memorial service is NEXT Tuesday evening at 7pm.

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Sorry. I was going by the phone call that my daughter received from one of her friends. Maybe the lady got her dates mixed up. I apologize for the mistake.

My daughter just called the person who left her the message. All that person heard was Tuesday, so she said it was tonight. Again, I am so sorry for the mistake. Jennifer, thanks for correcting.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

sure looks deep here, isn't that the bottom of the car, barely showing!
    http://www.1270wmpm.com/
    [​IMG]

7. bosoxfan

Sure is deep there, but I was referring to the roadway in the post that you replied to.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I was just surprised at how deep the creek looked. I don't live out that way - so don't know what its usually like. Coulda been that the creek was backed up / clogged up somewhere and it just backed up into the road.

Unfortunately it doesn't really take much water to cause a car to hydroplane (also depends on the condition of the tires and speed).

9. bosoxfan

It's not usually even close to that, but it gets a lot of runoff, especially in downpours like yesterday morning. Last night when I went by, I'd estimate it was a couple feet below the roadway.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Rode by there tonight taking my daughter to dance, water is fairly normal now. Seems impossible to have caused this.
    There are several memorial items in place. Too many of these things in JoCo - please slow down....