Easter Egg Hunts?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 30, 2010.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

These parents were once the kids that got picked last in gym class......in fact, this board is full of those same losers.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i asked my grandkids if they didn't think they were a little old for our annual Easter Egg hunt at my house and i got a resounding "NO", they like the money (instead of candy, we fill the eggs with change from our change jar) so i guess one more time around for the Easter Egg hunt and as for the real meaning of Easter, that is always the first thing we discuss and pray about before the Easter food or hunt or anything.

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Now that's a good plan. My kids are still little enough to be completely enamored by "coins". Good plan also on the discussion and praying. I don't think the Easter Bunny or Santa and Jesus are mutually exclusive. They don't really have to be linked at all. I don't think Jesus minds the kids being kids and having a good time. We generally use birthdays and holidays as reminders of how fortunate we are to have what we need (and more) and to try to think of ways we can do for others who are not as fortunate.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

BTW, you rock girl, the toys are awesome for the Christmas Angels - we got them all boxed up and labeled and stored ready and waiting for Christmas:hurray::hurray:

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

HA! Nice tie-in! I am so glad! A couple of those toys went through all 3 boys and were still in good shape. They just grow up tooooooo fast. I'll keep an eye out come Christmastime to see if I've run into any more goodies or can help in any other way.