Animal cruelty

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 4, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sad ... why did they have so many? Were they trying to save them from going to the kill facilities? Is this a case where the people were just trying to "save them all" and got (REALLY) way in over their heads? If it were only dogs I'd understand their (possible) motive but the article said there were 64 cats. mmm... Can you imagine?! It's like the people on the show "Hoarders" only they are doing it with animals... I'd hate to be part of the clean up crew!

3. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

It is really freaking crazy..hoarders is what they are, or breeders...stupid people.
    I have just adopted a chihuahua that is very sick..she has heartworms..she is 4 pounds and even needs to loose a pound or so. I have had her now for 2 weeks and she is such a sweet girl..shy when you go to pick her up though. Other then the heart worms she is healthy in other ways. She was a puppy mill dog from the Wilson Mills last summer. All her teeth were pulled but 4, so only soft food she can eat. The first few days I had her she wouldn't even eat in front of me, now she will. I sit on the floor everyday and work with trust issues that she has..she is not aggressive, she just never had and love. She likes to ride in the car on her bed..and she loves to play hide and seek..she can't have the strong treatment to heart worms, so the vet is going another route, which will take much much longer..all I hope to do is give her what she has never had and that is love. It really ticks me off to see people like this do what they are doing to these animals..all over the place..my heart goes out to these poor dogs and cats.
    Sheri

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Sheri, I think it's great that you adopted her,I think within time she will be doing great especially with you as her mom ;) Sounds like she had a horrible time before you found her.
    I can't understand why things were able to go that far?
    If they had intended to "safe" them from being put to sleep than it certainly would have helped if they actually fed them while trying to "safe" them!

5. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Thanks, it took a lot of thought and worries about taking in a sick dog like that..but she really is great, looking at her you would never know she is sick. But I have to keep in mind that she is..and it will take a long time to make her better.
    Sheri