Stupid signs on 40

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by redtangsoo, Apr 4, 2010.

1. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Why do No signs mention Garner at exit 312, oh you can go to Fuquay ,Benson, and Wilson? but 312 is in GARNER or at Garner/Clayton, how bout letin people know where the heck they are?:cheers:

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Maybe because there wasn't anything but a McDonalds, a Citgo station and Trader's Village at 40/42 when the signs were put up?

3. why the Garner addresses all around it??

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I think there are a couple of raleigh addresses there too. It's a post office thing.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I haven't really paid attention, but probably the exit signs at White Oak say Garner since that would be closer to the actually city limits?

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You must be a yankee...

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It is a zip code / postal office thing. The city limits of Garner are 4.7 miles away from 312 at their nearest point (as the crow flies). Exit 326 is far more appropriate as it is actually in Garner.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Anybody who moves into the Raleigh area should learn some local geography. Learn where Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Benson, Apex, Cary, Durham, Clayton, Garner, etc. lie in relation to Raleigh. Once you've figured that out, driving around Raleigh is a breeze. Now for I-40 in western Johnston, the 40/42 exit is more aligned with the Clayton/Johnston area in my opinion. Garner isn't accessible by a major road directly from the exit itself. You have to take 42 west to 50.

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Do you tell people you live in Garner?

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

think you meant exit 306. exit 326 is Benson...if that exit even exist.

11. No Bo, wakefield.

12. Hi I'm Harvey, and I'm proudly stupid

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct. Contacts are blurry today (pollen).

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Well, you're barely literate. You've almost got that punctuation thing down. Keep trying.

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What I want to know is what does that bumper sticker on the exit 312 sign mean? What is ADIO?

16. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Adio Footwear is a skateboarding footwear and clothing company

17. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I dont think Ive ever seen someone brag about how much cash their dad has. Am I supposed to be impressed?

18. Really,, are you and Harvey brothers?? The similarities are striking.

19. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

You gotcha a screwy crow, I'm just over the Wake line, and as the odometer rolls the exit is just under 3 miles, my studio is on Technology and has a Garner address, but everyone knows its cleveland, or 40/42, time to update the signs.:cheers:

20. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Update the signs to say what? The signs now say Fuquay and Clayton which is where 42 E or W takes you.