A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

build up

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My daughter was accepted to a few colleges but each one had to piece together her major. Western University has the complete program for her major and we still had not received a letter as of late last week.

She went to visit them yesterday and they accepted her. We are so excited. She was one point off on her ACT and that was the hold up. GPA was excellent, SAT just fine but that one point on the stupid ACT.

I'm a Western mom now and excited. Her major is Forensic Psychology with a minor in Education. Going into law enforcement and we hope that full scholarship comes in for next year.

Proud of her and wanted to brag. Now we have to call the other colleges and tell them thanks but no thanks. She almost accepted Peace College and now I'm glad she went to Western to visit.

Sherry :hurray:

3. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

:hurray: how exciting!!! congrats!!!!

4. Sherry A.

Thank you. I could just cry......long, hard struggle to get our kids to this point. They are looking at her college credits from taking courses in high school to apply so maybe she can move ahead but not sure. She'll probably do graduate school in or around DC because that's where she's going to work.

Sherry

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I just hope you are not vicariously living through your daughter.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How exciting, please tell her how proud and happy i am for her and you for getting her there:hurray::hurray::hurray:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, lunch went great, life is about to get easier:hurray::hurray::hurray:

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kaci!!!!

9. Sherry A.

Nope, all is totally her decision. If you knew her you would understand. Very independent. I wanted her to go to law school, major in Constitutional Law and go to work for the ACLU. Not happening that is fine with me because it is her life and she needs to be happy.

Sherry

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  10. Sherry A.

I will let her know Kaci. She'll be excited that it comes from you.

Sherry

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Congrats! :hurray: Will you be ok when she's gone? :cry: Its kinda weird, you enjoy having time and your house to yourself again - but you do miss them and being as involved in their lives as much. But at least we have computers and cell phones. I think back to when I went to college - I hardly ever wrote or called home - how hard that mustve been on my parents....:cry:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

<<<< Move or not move that is the question.

I need a change of scenery.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Move over thisaway. :cheers:

14. harleygirl

Then where would I go pee? :lol:

I'm thinking the "crystal coast" of NC
    Found a historic house that needs LOTS of work. Just my style. I like projects. :?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! Well.................that could be fun. DH and I would kill each other over a "project" house. More power to ya though!! :mrgreen:

16. harleygirl

I said *I* like projects :p It's a long story and would take about 50 beers to tell you about it. :lol: You on the way yet?:mrgreen:

The last project house me and DH worked on was in Wilmington and good grief batman, it sucked. I had a header beam fall on my head and bounce off my shoulder when I was hammering it in. NOT FUN! Not to mention I didn't habe cabinet doors for 3 years. At least no one had to *look* for what they were looking for.:lol::lol:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ouch!!! My sister is re-habbing her house, she just has open shelves right now in her kitchen...............it's not too bad, actually!! They had to gut the thing and are paying as they go, but it's on 7 awesome acres with a nice creek at the back so it was worth it. To them anyway. I would have bulldozed the thing and started fresh!!

Talk to me the weekend about the :cheers:. :jester:

18. harleygirl

will do suga' :cheers:
    I hope everything is going AWESOME for you at the *new job* <kiss kiss>

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That "new job" is kicking my butt. Not all the stories are untrue!!! :lol:

20. harleygirl

gotcha. :grouphug: