Fast food

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Today I got a Angus burger and some fries from McDonalds,I hadn't been to any fast food joint in a couple of years. Now my stomach hurts,on top of that it really was not worth it,the lettuce was totally wilted:ack: and the burger was soggy:ack:,fries were barely warm left alone hot. After today this will be it for me once and for all. If I'll tell my DH about it tonight I already know what his response will be-you should have known better,he's right!

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Those things are nasty! I call them anus burgers. :ack:

3. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

EEEWWW!!!!! LOL!!!!! EEEWWW!!!! :)

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol: trust me-after today that's exactly what they will be called by me as well!

5. ilikejazz

ilikejazz Member

Hehehehe :mrgreen:

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

they ARE nasty.. and I eat fast food regularly.. well at least i used to...I am trying to be good.

FYI you may think you are doing good by ordering the fish at a fast food place...truth is : it is one of the highest calorie and fattiest items on the menu...

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I had two sandwiches today. On pita bread. roast beef, pepperjack cheese and some dijon.

8. ilikejazz

ilikejazz Member

I had a BBQ Sandwich at Danny's in Cary. Not that it's healthy or anything, but man it was good.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I usually get a chicken sandwich when ordering fast food. From McDs I would get the Chicken Deluxe and skip the fries. The only burgers I really crave are either Cook Out or maybe a Hardee's ever so often. Now I will grab a Mac Snack Wrap occasionally mainly because it actually has some flavor. The very best burger to me is a Two Guys Grille...of course, the closest location is at RTP. They are also in Wilmington or Lumberton. My fav chicken sandwich right now is the Zaxby's Kickin' Chicken sandwich.

I want to get over there and try a Danny BBQ sandwich. I've heard of them before but rarely make it over there. Usually when I'm in Goldsboro (about once a week) I take a quick stop for a carry-out Wilburs BBQ sandwich and a half dozen hushpuppies.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Lunch today was Shiney Diner in Clayton. Country style steak, mashed with gravy, and collards.

As for fast food, if it's gonna be fast food I prefer to eat at Wendy's as they (at least to me) are the fastest service around and aren't too bad food wise. I'll go to Zaxby's or Hardee's if I have plenty of time to wait for my food.

But as a whole fast food has become anything but.

11. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

If McD's thought they were gonna take any business from Hardee's with those things they were sorely mistaken. They are nasty!

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

That's funny right there...

I had a mater sammich.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I will eat the Bacon cheeseburger one if I have to!

I got the mushroom one once and the regular one by accident (whoever got it came out ahead on that deal). They put some kind of nasty sauce on all but the Bacon one, ruining what hope there was for the Burger.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

C6 and I only order the mushroom swiss from McDs...and we enjoy them.

15. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

Anyone tried this place?

Visited my bro in Wake Forest this weekend-on the way home I saw one of the exit signs had a sign for a 5 guys hamburgers. I have heard a lot of raves-anyone tried them?

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Had my first one up in Raleigh a month or two back and it was good and nothing fancy (free peanuts too!)

17. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

It's good if you don't mind spending $10+ for a burger and fries.

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We tried 5 Guys a few weeks back. The burger was nothing any different than what you get at Cook-Out. The fries were pretty good. I think they were double-fried.

They are no where near as good as Char-Grill.

19. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Char-Grill...mmm. I love a place where you have to figure out how to order for yourself. I hit that place every time I get the chance!

20. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Been going to the one on Hillsborough Street for over 30 years. Have always ordered the same thing, every time and have never changed.

Takes me all of 5 seconds to fill out the order form.