Metal Barrels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Paintedlady, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Paintedlady

Paintedlady Guest

Does anyone know where I can buy a couple 55 gal metal drums for burn barrels? Mine has bit the dust. Thanks:)

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Watcha' burning and have you considered composting instead?

Want clean air? Don't burn.

I say this because some yahoo who lives nearby burns his trash.

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

if its trash its illegal and you can call him in... you can only burn what grows in your yard that is less than 6" in diameter!

atleast last I checked!

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

If it's brush from your yard, you might want to think about shredding and composting it instead.

5. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

I have purchased 2 in the past few years for my parents who have a farm in Halifax County.

1) Highway 401
    Just past Ten-Ten and 401 called 401 something....Has all sorts of stuff like outdoor roasters, trailers, etc.

2) Highway 401 towards Rolesville
    Past 540...Past shopping centers...On left hand side, Residential home...you will see all the barrels on the side of the house.

6. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

wilson produce at lucama has some don't know how much though. According to JOCO website it illegal to burn trash.

7. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

There's a guy on Cornwallis road near White Oak who's always selling barrels. I know he always has plastic blue barrels, but I think he also has metal barrels.

A mile north of Auburn Knightdale road?

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Mr Walton and his Brother have some. He's on Mt. Pleasant Church Rd. in Willow Spring.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please, please, for you and your family's sake please be careful with these.

They are dangerous in so many ways, in particular if you are not positive what was in it prior to you getting it. A gentleman in Anniston, Alabama just lost his face cutting one of these a couple of years ago.

Not to mention there are more environmentally responsible ways of handling these issues (as stated earlier).

10. Paintedlady

Paintedlady Guest

Thanks to all of you for answering my ad. My trash service does not except yard waste, and so I guess i am stupid to think that burning leaves in a barrel is the safest way to get rid of them, I am happy to know that there are so many eco friendly people on this site. God bless all of you, you are so so so !!!!

11. f em all, commie bas-My Friend

12. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

If you believe "safe" and "burn" go together in the same sentence, and that sentence isn't in some way negated then yes. You are stupid.

13. how bout firefighters safe burn?? are they stupid too?

14. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

A firefighter would never say fire is safe.

15. BS..

16. sassymom

BS there is a way to burn safely, they do it all the time in trainings!!

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

They have those trainings because fire is dangerous.

19. sassymom

that have those trainings for the younger firefighters to learn how to safely approach and control a fire, most fire fighters with experience can make a fire do what they need it to do!

Burning can be and is done safely with experience and caution...

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Yes they are.