Flowers/shrubs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mom2~1boy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

LOL yep but I knew what it was!!

Yes the dwarf still get about 3 or 4 feet big which should be ok for my front, just up to my windows and porch level..

2. sassymom

where did you get these, do you have them now.. just wondering how they do here over the winter months!

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

R the yellow canna lillies like the red cannas u see planted along highways?
    If so they are so pretty from a distance but not attractive up close. My friend planted a bunch of the red cannas along some beds in the front of her house and they were so ugly! She moved them to a bed you would see from a distance and the splash of red made a big impact and was beautiful.

DB's wife

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I bought them from a Nursery called Messenbrink's that has a booth at the Raleigh farmers market,had them about 3 years now,at the moment they got buds on them but are not flowering yet.
    Messenbrink's has a fantastic variety.
    Have you ever been to Plant Delight's, Tony Avents Nursery,that would be a cool place to visit this time of the year,I went during the garden tour once.

5. AnnetteL

6. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I've had my hot lips salvia for about 4 years (I got mine from the JC Raulston Arboretum - for the members they had a plant giveaway - like a big Easter egg hunt for adults but with plants - crazy) Mine has done very well over the years and has had no problems.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

My lantana is coming up now. How's yours looking?

8. sassymom

looks like I have 1 coming in now, nothing from the other 3 right now.

BTW Sherry, thanks for letting me come dig in your yard!!

9. AnnetteL

Yep,some of my lantana's have made an appearance as well.
    I transplanted two birches and a couple of roses this weekend and got the scratches to prove it. Bought another lady-banks rose at Smith Nursery and a star jasmin to put by the new pergola DH build.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  10. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Where did you get your pergola? FYI Brecks Bulbs has alot of bulbs that is beautiful and they give you a 100% warrant if they dont come up.

Thanks
    Robbie

11. AnnetteL

My husband just bought the lumber and then build it ;)

12. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

was it a kit?

Thanks Again

13. AnnetteL

No,he just cut the end of the boards with a jig saw,he bought the lumber and a couple of days later it was up and standing,I stained it ;)

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Anytime. It was a pleasure meeting you and if you need anything else just let me know. My neighbor behind me is now home and she has all kinds of stuff.

Sherry