Daycare Being Built On Vinson Road Burns

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Apr 5, 2010.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Last night we heard sirens and this morning helicopters. I hate it for whomever owns the daycare but am glad no one was hurt.

Hard time sleeping with all the noise.

Sherry

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

It was suppose to be Building Blocks #4, owned by Lois Stephenson (cant think of her married name)

My heart breaks for her, she is such a wonderful person!

3. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Just heard this on the morning news. Anyone have more details?

4. Sherry A.

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Is anyone else thinking we have a Serial Arsonist? A Clayton Fire-Bug? Just how many buildings - homes need to burn to the ground before this person(s) is caught?
    I know the JoCo Sherrif's office & the Clayton PO are investigating... but still...

Arson is a major crime... it's not shoplifting.

Is there a task force w/ State SBI help involved? Time to call out the big guns?

Discuss..............

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that its often hard to pinpoint a serial arsonist. The fires that have occurred in Clayton over the past few years that were deemed suspicious have almost always happened at night and in rural areas or in an outlying part of town. Of course, it may not be the work of one person, but it would sure seem that way given the number of arson cases in the Clayton area and I'm not sure that police have indicated similar circumstances or not in those cases. If you have random fires being started, you have to wonder if its someone who either likes to see things burn or likes to see them extinguished. If these were just one or two here and there you'd think it would have something to do with a vendetta or someone who might gain from insurance claim, but these fires are happening in a fairly tight circle and with no apparent reason that's been made public.

7. Sherry A.

Kelyel,

We have had a lot of fires around our neighborhood and I certainly hope they have a task force working on them. More fires around our area recently than the whole time we have lived here.

Sherry

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. Sherry A.

What is going on this teen's mind? At thirteen my mind was on boys, music, inhaling, etc. Oh yeah, and school :lol:

Sherry

10. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

At thirteen my mind was on boys, music, inhaling, etc. Oh yeah, and school
    :iagree:

The report states a parent went with him to turn himself in. Can you imagine taking your child to the police???? After he got the butt woopin of his life!!!!

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. Sherry A.

Yes sir, with ya' on that one. We are now wondering if the houses around our area that were burnt were done by this same 13 year old.

Sherry

13. Sherry A.

If it were my child I would take him/her to the police as well. It would break my heart but it would have to be done. Luckily not one person was killed.

Sherry

14. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

How about on top of whatever other punishment he receives from the police, he should have to go and work everyday to clean up the mess he made and help rebuild? Just my 2 cents.