Johnston County Register of Deeds- Craig Olive

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Visit Craig Olive's new website- Johnston County Register of Deeds He is seeking his 3rd tern in office. www.craigolive.com He has done a great job over the last 8 years. He has made it easier for people to access records from their office and home. Saving money and turning money back to the county each year. He is up for re-election in the fall.

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

So what ever happened with his drinking and driving case?

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

who cares? he does a great job

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

He pled guilty and took his lumps. It's called responsibility for one's actions. What a unique concept!

We all make mistakes. In my opinion, Craig is one of the best public servants in our county. No matter who you are, he will go out of his way to help you with any problem you might have in his office. He has done much to bring the Registrar's office into the 21st century, constantly updating systems and pushing for legislation to protect your privacy. If all elected officials worked as tirelessly and diligently as Craig, our county would be a much better place.

He's my horse if he don't never win another race!!!

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

So it doesn't matter what crimes he commits as long as he does a great job? Hmm

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

OK, thanks Craig.

9. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

Exactly Tangerine...I care!

10. turtlepits

:iagree: I don't think ANYONE should drink and drive.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Does it mean I'm drunk if I can read that clearly?

Or is it time for a visit to the eye doctor?

12. turtlepits

LOL!!! You better get your tail to the eye doctor!!

13. Speeding is a crime too, you all going to throw rocks at a those that go over the limit. I hope your glass house is all cleaned up. :nopity:

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I drank and drove Saturday night, but it's OK because I was the DD.

15. turtlepits

Speeding and Drunk driving are two completely different cases!

Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year, that is, on average someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash every 45 minutes in the U.S. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2009)

Hardcore drunk drivers, those who drive at high BAC's (0.15 or above), do so repeatedly as demonstrated by having more than one drunk driving arrest, and are highly resistant to changing their behavior despite previous sanctions, treatment or education, continue to account for a disproportionate share of alcohol-related traffic fatalities each year. In 2008, 68% of drivers involved in alcohol-impaired driving fatalities had a a BAC level of .15 or higher – a trend that has remained relatively unchanged for more than a decade. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2009) Three percent of drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2008 had a prior DWI conviction within the past three years. Furthermore, 44% of drivers involved in a fatal crash with a prior DWI conviction in the past three years had a BAC level of 0.15 or higher. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2009)

Speeding is a factor in 30% of all fatal crashes, according to the NHTSA. Eighteen percent of fatal crashes during the day are alcohol-related, while 54% of crashes at night are alcohol-related. Two-thirds of the people killed at night are not wearing a seat belt.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

17. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Really, it looks like it drives directly to it, I don't know about the gentleman and haven't made any decision personally.