My Search For A Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tom Servo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

My family and I are looking for a church to attend in the area. Although I'm a traditional kind of guy, my daughter wants to attend a more modern style church. She said the one thing she wants is a place with a worship band instead of a choir. We know about C3 but would like to know if there are any other churches in the area that might fit our needs. Any suggestions?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My BIL goes to one on Amelia Church Rd - across the street from the park, don't know the name but it's a more contemporary type church.

3. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Try Shiloh Baptist. We have both types of music. Plus we have a program with the Youth Minister.

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

My wife attends The Church at Clayton Crossings (what used to be Winn Dixie in Clayton) and is very happy with it. It is a progressive church, and the people are welcoming and friendly.

5. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Awana

On this same note I am looking for an Awana program in the area. Our church has decided to move away from Awana next year and my son had one more book to finish T&T. Any recommendations of Awana programs in the area?

6. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

7. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Hocutt Baptist Church offers a contemporary worship service at 8:30 with a worship band and praise team. We are located at the corner of Robertson Street & Horne Street. Would love to have you worship with us. Church office phone number is 553-6650, or website: www.hocuttmemorial.com

We also offer AWANAs. Our AWANAs program runs on the same schedule as the school. We also offer Upwards Basketball during the winter months.

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

There's one on Guy Rd -- called Crossroads; aka

XRC of Clayton. Its great. Not sure how old your child(ren) group is but it has stuff for them too. The music is worship band. This church could be considered a "mini C-3" in that its along the same lines except not nearly as huge which makes getting to see regularly/know others is a lot better due to the size.

Off Hwy 42 onto Guy Rd, its on the left .. has sign by drive -- Crossroads Church.

Good luck in your search and hope you soon find a church that fits what you are looking for in a church

9. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

This is Christ Community.

We attend First Baptist in Garner, we have a blended service, might be worth checking out.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hey let me know if your interested in my church, it is contemporary and has about 600 members, trip into Raleigh though.

11. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Church on 50 towards benson

Johnson Memorial church is the description that you gave!! We have praise team and choir. Lots of young folks and also older folks. Come check us out!!

We have our Bingo tonight in the fellowship Hall for our Relay for Life team!! Come join us!!

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'll throw another one out there for you...Greater Heights United Methodist Church. We meet Sundays at the Clayton Center at "exactly 11 ish" as our pastor says. It's a very upbeat, friendly, welcoming congregation and Pastor Matt Evans always delivers a truly inspirational message that even my teenage daughter enjoys. We have very active youth groups for kids of all ages and love the contemporary music.

13. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Turner Memorial Baptist Church in Garner has what you are looking for. Awana is going on right now: Wed. nights from 6:15-8:00. Bible study for adults 7:00-8:00 :)

14. ws

ws Well-Known Member

I second Turner Memorial Church. We have a great youth group as well as Awanas. We have a praise team and band. Let me know if you have any questions.

15. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Hught,

where is your church at in Raliegh? we are also looking for a church.
    thanks

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh on Wade Avenue

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Is this the same as the Unity Church? I like the teachings of the Unity Church. I just hate to go to Raleigh. I know, I know, its not that far but I like my church to be in my community if possible.

db's wife

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No, different group, our church covers all beliefs, literally. Whereas as the Unity Church is primarily just for Christians if I remember correctly.

19. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about the Wellsprings community church on hwy 42? thanks

20. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I would love to suggest Highland Baptist Church on Crowder Rd www.highlandbaptistchurch.org . The 9:00 am service has a praise band and the 10:30 service has the traditional choir that sings. Sunday School is offered during both services (while one group is in Worship the others can attend a Sunday School class of their choice and vice versa). The Pastor is so humble and a truly genuine caring Christian. There is a great group of youth and dedicated teachers too! It is about 6 miles from 40/42!