SLEEP NUMBER BED????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by carolgilx, Apr 16, 2010.

1. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Need a new mattress, so was wondering if anyone out there has a Sleep Number and if so, if you like it or not. Thanks!

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

We had one a few years ago. We bought the low end queen size model and it was just horrible. I have heard the more expensive models are better.

The basic construction of the bed was two air bladders surrounded by foam partitions.

As you varied the pressure you were either sleeping on a bubble (convex) or sleeping in a hammock (concave). Additionally, the voids between the bladder and the foam created dips in the bed that you got stuck in at night.

The foam also broke down fairly quickly and left you with a bed that looked like a melted marshmallow.

FYI, we replaced it with a closed cell foam mattress which is quite comfortable but tends to be hot year 'round.

3. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I just so happened to be reading the May issue of Consumer Reports. They put the Select Comfort in third place behind Tempur-Pedic and Original Mattress Factory.

4. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Go for a waveless waterbed with hard sides and separate bladders for each side, very comfortable.:cheers:

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

We have that and its a good night sleep.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They still make those things? I remember about 30 years every shopping center had a Water Bed store.

Always wanted to try the Elmers Glue thing, wonder if it self seals when a leak occurs?

7. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info everyone