Cockroaches at McGees Middle School

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rincmom, Mar 16, 2010.

1. rincmom

rincmom Well-Known Member

I wanted to let anyone with a kid at McGees Middle School know that a child there had a roach crawling on their leg during class. If the roaches are that bad over there to be crawling on legs in the daylight, they can crawl into a backpack and come home too. I thought everyone should be aware of it.

2. rincmom

No, I didn't think that because another child had to kill one in the cafeteria and teacher mentioned they were in their lounge as well. I just thought people should be aware.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Bugs happen. Time to call the exterminator, but then again that can be a situation where some parents do not want their kids exposed to the chemicals. Mice, rats, spiders, ants, etc. Roaches are just another pest that needs spraying. Perhaps they should schedule a Terminix visit during Easter break.

5. KellBell

bugs come in from the outside as much as they just take up residence....

Heck I can make a blanket statement too. such as, I have been to MCM at least once a week for the last two years and I have never seen a roach.

just sayin....

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh gasp . . . a roach!!!! :roll:

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Ummmm....let's see, it starting to warm up and with the amount of moisture we have had this winterthe critters are going to be out in full force.

It's part of Nature.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

To the credit of the OP, I wouldn't want my kid eating food from the cafeteria IF there is a roach infestation. Same with rodents or flies. I'm just betting that the Health Department will be all over this one by week's end.

9. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

NO WAY....this is a first. This is one of the VERY FEW times that someone actually gave an OP some credit when a bunch of others disagreed or thought it was petty or stupid or gave the "eyeroll"..... The sky must be getting ready to fall.

11. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

whatever.... I just like to stick up for the ones who get slammed all the time. So go pound salt somewhere.... jerk

12. lol

13. KellBell

one roach = infestation.....damn, that is bad.

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

My Daughter told me she has only seen flies and a rat in the cafeteria. She did however see a roach in her first block classroom crawling on a student last week. :ack:

15. KellBell

I just asked thing 1 and thing 2 who attend MCM....neither have seen anything but flies in the kitchen in the warmer weather....

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

A rat? I would be more freaked out by a rat than a roach.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's why I emphasized if as IF. Of course, one roach does not prove an infestation, but I've heard it said before for every roach you see, there are a thousand you don't see. Personally, I wouldn't step foot in a restaurant known to have roaches in the kitchen and I couldn't expect my child to dine in a similar circumstance. I'm not rushing to judgement here, but if they've seen a few its likely time to call the exterminator.

18. rincmom

update on roaches

My child as well as some of her friends continue to see roaches at the school. I am sure many people don't see them. One moved to fast to be stepped on. I am told that there is a log for the exterminator in the office that the teachers are supposed to record any sightings of bugs or mice. A parent went in to look at the log and nothing was logged about the roaches that have been seen. This means that nothing was done to treat the problem all this time. The exterminator can't treat for something that is not in the log. The parent logged in the ones that concerned her child. Maybe now someone will treat the problem. I was also told by the county, that many people complained to the county about this but only a few left their names. All those people were considered crank calls and not taken seriously because they didn't want to leave their names. The county told me that. So when only a few leave their name, it really isn't considered a problem. No matter if people left their names or not, they should have cared enough to really check into it. An employee told a parent that there have been mice in the library for a long time and that "everyone" knows where they are coming in but "nobody" has done anything about it for a long time. I just don't understand why this is isn't somthing people care about. I care that there are mice and roaches around my child. They carry many illnesses that I don't want my kid exposed to.

19. KellBell

My goodness, why are you babbling on here? call the school for goodness sakes.....oh, and LEAVE YOUR NAME!!

:roll:

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

:popcorn::iagree: