Sunday Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 17, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We never eat out for breakfast other than the odd fast food thing on a trip or something. Cracker Barrel should be decent, but crowded. Any recommendations for a decent restaurant breakfast locally? Doesn't need to be a chain, but open to suggestions. Clayton, Garner, etc. I know about Waffle House and IHOP, not what I have in mind. 8)

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'd recommend Courtney's. They are open for both breakfast and lunch. I haven't been there in awhile, but everything I went...it was sooooooooooooo good! I found this website: www.courtneysrestaurantnc.com but I'm not sure if that's their official site or not. Looks like it, though.

3. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

down in old garner on w garner the toot & tell and the Country Kitchen are good

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I have been told we're heading to Golden Corral in a little while for the breakfast buffet. Since our oldest son went to New York this weekend, the three little ones wanted to do something special, too. And this is what they picked...:?: LOL!

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

6. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

Love Brigs! Haven't been there in a while and wondered if they were still open.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

There is always McCall's or the Shiney Diner in Clayton.

8. Don't be so lazy and get off that butt and do your duty and cook the breakfast and than you can clean-up the kitchen.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!:cheers:

Well...........almost everyone.

10. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Dont you get an employee discount at the Waffle House?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Weak..............but typical of the likes of you.

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I second the Shiny Diner in Clayton.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

14. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

hate I missed this post, but maybe next weekend yall can try McLean's in Zebulon LOVE THEM, food is awesome!

15. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Either Brigs, or the NC Farmer's Market Restaurant.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We ended up at IHOP strictly due to time constraints this morning and needing to hit Lowes and Home Depot for landscaping stuff and it was actually not bad at all. Sanitation grade was excellent, restaurant was clean, fast service and a good waitress. I hadn't eaten at one of those in about a decade. DS had crepes with nutella, bananas and strawberries, it made me wanna go :ack: but he thought it was great! :lol:

I will try some of these others just as soon as we can. Moms are entitled to a break once in a blue moon and I appreciate all the relevant replys and PM's, you guys are the best. :cheers:

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

IHOP ain't so bad. We eat there on occasion when eating out and want breakfast for supper. I will say though that every IHOP isn't the same. The one in Garner and the one on Capital has always seemed pretty good, but one in another area town couldn't even cook a Belgian waffle without burning it...twice. After waiting for 45 minutes, we had to replace the waffle choice with pancakes. Furthermore they didn't even offer to take off any of the bill. Needless to say, we won't revisit that location.

18. Ray's Pizza

Ray's Pizza Guest

Breakfast Pizza

I've been thinking for a while about opening for breakfast. On my Facebook page, you can see a picture of something we've been experimenting with. And of course, we would make breakfast pizza. If you've never had a quality breakfast pizza, I feel sorry for you.

Just thought I'd mention it and see if there's any response.

19. OverdaRainbow

OverdaRainbow Well-Known Member

I just checked the facebook page out and after pulling this 10 hour/3rd shift.. I'm starving and the picture of the Meatball Parm Biscuit didn't help.... I'll take one right now...hehehe deliever it to Raleigh, thanks! :lol:

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member