Amelia Church Road and 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, Apr 18, 2010.

1. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's going on there? Seems to be some bulldozing there - didn't know if it was city/county work or if there preparing to build a business there.

And no, I don't think it's a 6 flags or a Target....:)

2. At one time there was some talk of a medical mall being built there.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

There is nothing being bulldozed there. There is an empty field on each of the four corners.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Knowing Clayton, it's either another bank, doctor's offices, or a convenient store. I imagine that the stretch between Clayton and I-40 along 42 will continue to expand greatly over the next decade. Clayton has more banks for a town its size than I've seen. Seems like there's one on every corner.

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

There is one corner - the right one past Amelia Church Road if you are driving from Clayton to Garner on 42 - where there has been a lot of trucks and bulldozers lately. I didn't know if something was going up. Unless they take some trees down, it's a small corner of land....

6. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

That is where the new Walmart is going. There is going to be a shoe place, Chinese food, Nail, Mexican food, dollar store there. Also a video slot machine/business center.