Sunday Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Yep, awesome place

2. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea Ray but it may be a tough sell around here. I guess you could advertise it as 'BUTTERED BISCUIT pizza WITH A SIDE OF GRAVY'.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Speaking of pizza, I'd like to see a pizza that a person could be able to eat while driving, perhaps with the crust wrapping tighter at the bottom and placed in a holdable container. There's been a many a time I had a taste for pizza but time restraints kept me from stopping to eat. Furthermore, trying to eat a slice of pizza and drive is difficult unless the crust is crackery stiff. Floppy NY style just doesn't work behind the wheel.

I read of a place that had a pizza cone where it was rolled like a waffle cone with the cheese and toppings on the inside. Wish somebody had something like that around these parts.

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Stromboli

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Actually, that does sound good. Sausage/gravy pizza, chipped beef pizza. Hmmm. My kids would eat that up.

6. Cleopatra

Personally, I'd like to see people focus on their driving, and not talking/texting/eating, etc. ;)

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

8. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Golden Corral actually was decent for breakfast (the one at 40/42). Decent omelet station.

9. Cleopatra

Except their sausage is disgusting, aaaand so is the bacon.

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

McLean's Cafe is the BEST by far.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You know, Cleo...I guess I'm like a lot of other folks. Most of the time people are just in too big a hurry or constantly pushing the clock. Its hard for me to really stop and sit down for a meal. Sometimes when away from home, I will just sit stationary in a parking lot until done eating, especially something too complicated to eat while drivng. Furthermore, I've never been one to go inside a restaurant by myself to eat.

Now, 'texting' is not even in my vocabulary. Just doesn't appeal to me and obviously, its the most dangerous form of communication behind the wheel...well, next to indian smoke signals. :)

12. Cleopatra

I understand, I'm just sayin'. :) And I don't text either.

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I agree. It's best to eliminate as many distractions as possible. I've never been the cause of accident in 22 years of driving, but I've been in one or two. In '04, I was rear-ended in front of Talecris by a distracted driver. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt but my car had about $3000 damage.

14. Oy Vayayay

I used to like the bacon and sausage at Golden Corral. Maybe it's not good anymore. I usually don't like those places, but that one used to be good for Sunday brunch. Especially for deliciously greasy Atkins grazing! I used to hit the omelet station, sausage, bacon, ham, low carb fruit, etc.

15. Oy Vayayay

16. Cleopatra

Don't forget the mushrooms and cheese sauce! The bacon is real greasy and kind of burnt, and the sausage has a weird dirty sock taste to it.

17. Oy Vayayay

You mustn't have put enough cheese sauce on it! LOL

Sounds like it's gotten nasty. I know the one out on Highway 70 was NASTY!

18. Oy Vayayay

Is the Rockin' Comet Diner still there? They had pretty good S.O.S.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That is what I was refering to when I said Shiny Diner.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I always say Shiny Diner to people too. Forget they actually have a name. :lol:

Sherry