Early Voting

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Apr 14, 2010.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0] [SIZE=+0]Early Voting Sites are in Smithfield, Clayton and Cleveland.

"Old" Smithfield Herald Building on 4th St, Smithfield,
    8 am to 5pm, M-F, Sat 9am-1pm
    (from Market/70Bus coming from Clayton turn right onto 4th St at Town Hall, Herald Building is on left in front of First Baptist Church)

The Church at Clayton Crossing
    11407 US Highway 70 West (near McDonald's)
    12-7pm, M-F, Sat 9 am - 1 pm

Cleveland Community Church
    8246 Cleveland Road, Clayton
    12-7pm, M-F, Sat 9 am - 1pm

ALSO...

Tonight, April 14, the North Carolina Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate will debate the issues live on TV (NBC-17) beginning at 7:30 P.M. You can also view the debate online at MyNC.com.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:hurray: Thanks for posting this.

Sherry

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Ditto...thanks!

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

AND
    the C3 Location is the VERY VERY VERY BACK of C3, not the front, not the Coffee or Cafe place not the NEW part at all.
    Drive to the BACK- Look for the Signs.

Come out & VOTE!

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

6. KDsGrandma

Thanks for the info, Kel!

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

What I need to know....is which one of these voted FOR the healthcare bill?

That way I know who NOT to vote for...

Oh, and it doesn't matter the party, I can vote in either primary....

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Vote Please

Polls repoen at NOON on Monday till 7pm (M-F)
    9-1 on Sat.

9. I like the way you think. :cheers:

10. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

That is a loaded post.

US Rep Bob Etheridge voted for the bill but he will not be on the ballot until November for the Democratic Party.

There are 3 Republicans running in the Primary to vy to help "Bring Bobby Back Home" in November.

There is a public forum tomorrow night in Clayton and all 3 will be in attendance to take questions.

US Sen Kay Hagan (Dem) voted for the bill but she is not up for re-election this time around.

US Sen Richard Burr voted against the bill. Sen Burr is on the Republican ballot in this Primary. There are 3 additional Republican candidates on the ballot vying for Sen Burr's seat.

11. jumpin4joync

As of Saturday, voter turnout overall in Johnston County is extremely low. Historically, Primaries see low voter turnout. Perhaps over the next 2 weeks there will be an increase in interest in voting in the Primary.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  12. I like Burr and would like to see him make a push for President in '12. Probably won't happen though.

13. jumpin4joync

There was a small fundraising event in Smithfield for Sen Burr about a week or so ago. I was not able to attend.

Some of my friends who were able to attend and meet Sen Burr for the first time were very impressed with him. They enjoyed the one-on-one conversations which they were able to have with him.

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Bump for People to Come Out & VOTE.

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am one of those that like to go to my local poll and visit as I vote. Gonna take some teens and they want to go to the local poll as well.

Lots of teens registered this year......please check and make sure they remember and have a ride.

Sherry

16. KDsGrandma

I voted yesterday about 6:30 pm, and I was voter #41 - after 4 days! Y'all better not complain about lines on election day!

17. jumpin4joync

Yes, lots of teens have registered this year. The Republican Party has seen a large increase in the number of Homeschoolers who are volunteering and registering this year.

We had several register last night at the Public Forum at the Clayton Center.

18. jumpin4joync

Yes, the grand total of all voters is very low so far. And those are the numbers for all Party affiliations.

19. KDsGrandma

It's a bit surprising to me that people chose to register at your event, instead of taking advantage of one-stop registration and voting at one of the early voting sites, since the deadline to register the conventional way and vote in the primary has already passed.

20. Well there's no history to be made this time around.