Loving my tattoos

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Paintedlady, Apr 21, 2010.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Nope, religion has nothing to do with it - Its personal preference. The only time I judge is when they are in an obvious place like I mentioned before such as the neck. It's hard not to. I see that I wonder why someone would want to do that and live with it for the rest of their lives. And if you think someone who puts one on their forehead or neck is going to be considered equally for a professional position you are fooling yourself.

2. why don't you comprehend what he's saying,

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I see it the same way as DCHYDIINY

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am as professional as they come. I hold a masters in Computer Science, Minor in Math. I work for a global 50 company. I am responsible for many employees and a global network. My right arm is completely covered. I guess my employer looks past my tattos and realizes its what's in the mind not my body that makes a difference.My tattos are equally as visible. Ask HarleyGirl and a few others. What you do not seem to fatham is the memories each one means. How many times have you forgotten something that meant the world to you and did not remember until someone grought it up in conversation. Most people digress and hide bad or good memories just because we are human. I want to remember everyday important lessons. SO now I can. Don't judge. Because we can turn around and judge you just as easy.

5. ServerSnapper

G we have known each for a long time now. We have met....It's not fair to be judged by someone who has never met me. Actually is prudish and lacking intelligence.

6. Couldn't agree more.

7. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I don't hear him judging. He simply has the opposite feeling as you on the topic, which you may be interpretting as judging. I have met DCHYDINY and he is good people so I can speak for him as a person as well.

8. ServerSnapper

He did. Read all of his posts on this topic. He said it was UNPROFESSIONAL to have these where they can be seen. That kind of ****ed me off. Why is that not being judgemental?

9. Is it true?? you have one on your butt.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

What does having good or bad parents have to do with whether someone wants or has a tattoo?

11. opinionated would be the word to use. He re-iterated its his opinion and people can do what they want.

12. ServerSnapper

Don't play on semantics. I used the word I wanted to.

13. LOL.. did you get permission to use it?

14. VolleyGrl

I think it's unprofessional too, but I could care less if you have them or not, where, or what of. I just wouldn't do it. Sounds to me like that's what he is saying as well. I think you're just taking it personally when you shouldn't.

15. VolleyGrl

It reads "Property of leadoff hitter" :lol::lol::lol:

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I called it unprofessional in those words, but that could be read in to my interpretation.
    I also made it clear that I know on a personal level I'm in the minority .

I have people who report to me that have tattoos. I hired them. They were not visible during the interviews but I did notice them on one guy when his sleeve puled up. I hired him because I knew that they could be covered and made it clear that they had to be. In the organization where I work they have to cover them up, I happen to agree with that. In most business settings they are seen as unprofessional. I'm not making that up. Call it a stereotype if you like, it's just the way it is.

Don't mistake what I am saying as a personal slam.
    I'm not telling anyone with a tattoo that they are wrong to have it.
    You're grown, what you do to your body is your business. If I can make a young person realize, before they get one that these things are permanent, I will do that. I think they should realize what the thing is going to look like in 40 years. They need to consider what their grandchildren will think about that 'hot mama' tattoo on the back of their neck.

Craig - as for the parenting line, that was said a little tongue in cheek. But TO ME - parenting does come in here. I don't want my kids to have a tattoo or to smoke or drink and drive. I teach them what I believe. That's the beauty of being a parent.

17. Whoa,

18. Whether you think it's right or wrong, walking into an interview for an executive position with a skull and crossbones on your neck will get you turned down. I don't care if you have four PHDs from Harvard, nobody wants that representing a corporation.

Judgmental? Yes Reality? Definitely

The same can be said about a lot things. It's the world in which we live.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Step away from the keyboard....

:confused:

20. ServerSnapper

Sorry to all. Mine just mean a lot to me. My reasons for having them are not to impress or defame or attract attention. They remind me of things that have happened. So when I see them. It sets me straight on issues. Nuff said. Sorry Cleo. Dontcare and whoever else I jumped on. I am a good guy, I hold responsibility, I am an executive. The powers that be where I work have asked about them. When I told them the stories. No questions were asked. Just "Glad you are here..".