Loving my tattoos

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Paintedlady, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Awe man... and I had a new name to try out on you.... Tattitude. :lol:

2. pass the tissue please.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

LOL!!! LOVE IT!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

/blush

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree with a few people on this Thread that tattoos should not be seen in a professional setting. Maybe DCHYDIINY and I are around the same age or something but I think they look very unprofessional when at work.

I also don't like seeing multiple piercings in a professional setting. I guess I am old fashioned on some things or maybe a little Conservative :lol: on some issues.

Most corporations have a dress code.

Just my opinion!

Sherry

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  6. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Tattoo of the year

[​IMG]

7. Sherry A.

Now that was funny!

Sherry

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm 27. :jester:

9. Sherry A.

Well we are around the same age.....I'm 25! :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

10. Sherry A.

Is your Avatar a picture of your sleeve tattoo? It looks totally brownish/grayish. Is it just the way the picture was taken or is your arm totally covered with no skin showing?

Just asking cuz I'm nosey and don't know about the sleeves. Saw a picture of a friend from way back, a current picture, and one arm had a sleeve tattoo. When I said something about it I found out it really wasn't a tattoo it was like a piece of clothing she could slip on and off. Who knew!

Sherry

11. ServerSnapper

It's my right arm...forearm.

12. toothpick

13. ServerSnapper

lol you betta ayks somebody....

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

15. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Gotta love my unprofessional professional industry, where wearing a suit to an interview makes you less likely to get hired. Performance is all that matters, in this bubble.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Fortunately for me I've never been on an interview or worked for a company that was that straight laced. but then again when I interviewed for my current job (been here 8 years) I told the person interviewing me, that if they hired me they were hiring me to do a job, not make friends or to be the face of the company, cause I'm to brash and straight forward and tell it like it is.

Funny thing is they hired me anyway.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You would need to be stand out unbelievably good before I would hire you over someone without visible tattoos.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

especially if you have to deal with clients directly, now if it is someone that is in a little cubicle all day and no direct contact that is different. Unfortunately we do live in a society where people judge who they will do business with on appearance and knowledge and any business owner is aware of that. Not saying i agree but that is the way it is in the real world. Most of my clients are older than myself and there is no way they would accept or trust me to do what i do for them if i was covered in ink. i think the artwork on a lot of it is beautiful and i appreciate it but reality bites sometimes.

19. ServerSnapper

Well. Since I am in a hiring position I guess it's not an issue.

20. ServerSnapper

Warlocks around that area. Wonderful artist.

Divine Line, Raeford road Fayetteville.