Scammed by Summit Productions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Apr 21, 2010.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

most of the time they are unpaid volunteers as most of the stations here are still made of volunteer personnel!

2. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

The big deal is that they lied. They are also potentially taking money from another local EMS. They should be honest when people ask questions about their service area. If asked if they service an area, they should respond with the whole truth. Something like "We are not the primary EMS crew for your neighborhood. We do backup the 50-210 crew when they are unavailable". Lies of omission are still lies.

Does the Clayton EMS give any of the collected funds to other EMS groups?

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I hope that is true, but it doesn't feel right. I know the folks on staff are volunteers but I'm not sure that is true for the fundraisers.

Y'know, if they asked me for $50 straight up for local EMS I would gladly write the check- if I wanted portraits I would go buy them, but I would really prefer that EMS got the whole $50.

Donating to any EMS is good karma, but I would prefer to fund my closest EMS, before the guys that are another 30 min out when (...not if) I need them.

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is residence not knowing what EMS and FD serves their area.

5. sassymom

I said most, not sure on Clayton! :jester:

Yeah I think its good Karma as well to donate to any when I can!

6. sassymom

some places are tricky because subdivisions are split up and are serviced by 2 departments, but if you have never had to call or use them then you might not know!

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This was my point, it got lost a few pages back.... :lol: I simply told Clayton "No Thanks" as I knew they were not first in line to serve me and I prefer to give to this small town that has started recently.

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the salespeople working door-to-door are Summit employees, probably on commission, NOT EMS volunteers.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. :?

9. sassymom

I think the way these work, is EMS gets a percentage of the 50.00 you pay plus a percentage of any pictures that you order the day you go in...

I guess to me is I would have called with my concern and said lesson learned but would not have asked for my money back, but hey that is just me :jester:

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Cleveland VFD did the same thing, and I am in the Wilson's Mills District. If I had extra money, that would be one thing, but there's only so much money to go around, even though I think they're all deserving of support. When I told the firefighter that, he responded that WMFD has to go through part of Cleveland's district to get to me. That may be true, but I'm still in the WMFD district...and they're the first ones to respond, so they would get the money first.

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

You are correct. And the EMS that they are collecting for gets a cut of the funds collected.

And whoever mentioned the orange sticker is also correct in that anyone else coming into the neighborhood would not stop for a donation.

That is one of the reasons that we asked for a refund, which we have received. And now we will be forwarding this on to 50/210 the EMS that services the neighborhood. Clayton has not serviced the neighborhood for almost 4 years. The explanation was that the maps the employees were using were out of date.