Ideas for graduation gift

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Apr 23, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what to get baby girl for her graduation. I'm thinking maybe diamond earrings or a ring . . .

Toss me some ideas, peeps!

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Money attached to a beach towel!!! That was one of the things I enjoyed the most when I graduated.

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

that would be cute if she was going somewhere after graduation fix her a cooler with a towel, sunscreen, some drinks, shades flip flops and money :)

4. sassymom

if you are looking more sentimental then the diamond earrings would be great or a pandora bracelet with a graduation charm

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i like the jewelry idea, it will be great for her when she is older to be able to always remember the excitement of that day when she wears it and she knows it came from you - yeah i know, i love the sentimental aspect.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That stuff is frivolous. I got an alarm clock. Next year it will be 30 years old. It's still ticking and in use 24/7. You can't go wrong. I have a year to start shopping for one for my daughter.

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

8. sassymom

you could do all kinds of little things depending on what your dd is doing after graduation! Going to work? Going to college? both? you could get her a really cute bag and stuff with essentials for work or college.

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

The gift I remember most was from my grandmother. (This was almost 20 years ago now. YIKES!) Real pearls and a Samsonite duffle/suitcase. Kind of combined the practical and the extravagant. Definitely a present that fit the kind of person she was and the kind she hoped I'd be.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I like this idea.

Sherry

11. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

A spa day, computer if she doesn't already have one, money was always nice, hmmmmm lemme think some more.

12. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

my baby girl is getting a GPS cause her sence of direction sucks and i know now that she has graduated and all needing a job and going more places it is what she needs

13. SavannahAnna

SavannahAnna Well-Known Member

Girls Love Pearls

I got my daughter a nice string of pearls - she loved them - wears them all the time! Plus something to keep and pass along for generations!

14. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

When I graduated I got money which was good and diamond earrings that I still wear everday! :)

15. Sherry A.

I cannot believe my daughter does not like spas. I've taken her to several and she just doesn't like them. More for me to spend when I go.

Sherry

16. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I got my niece a pandora for xmas and I plan on getting her the graduation charm..I need more idea's plus that myself.

17. Sherry A.

Michelle,

Actually I have already given my daughter her Graduation gifts. Gave her a diamond necklace and earrings. Both were made from diamonds of her grandmother. Meant a lot to her and she will wear them at graduation in her memory.

The graduation party is a whole other story. I'm trying to go in with several families, have a pool party, DJ and Chick-Fil-A finger food. What do you think? What are you doing?

Sherry

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We're gonna have a party the Saturday after graduation for DD and her boyfriend. Nothing big, about 50 guests and hot dogs on the grill. I'm making a video of them to show that day. That's about it.

19. Sherry A.

Sounds like fun. You are a good mama.

Sherry

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Tangy, that is my FAVE book and a great graduation gift!! For HS graduation, my mom and dad sent me to the beach for a week. For college graduation, they gave me a set of luggage that I still use all of the time (of course, I think they may have been telling me something). When I graduated w/ my masters, my dad had passed away when I was in the middle of the program. My mom gave me the most beautiful card with the hundred dollar bills he had in his pocket when he got into his accident. The note said that dad would have wanted me to start a downpayment fund for a house. I did. :)