40/42 walmart evacuated Sun.?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ginger1989, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I heard from a friend that they were kicked out yesterday morning and I have not been able to find out anything??????????

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The lines were too short and they had to have an emergency meeting to discuss why the minimum 20 minute wait to purchase stale bread and rotted fruit was not being implemented.

Or maybe a cashier was friendly and knowledgeable and therefore had to be reprimanded.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it was a fire drill....

we were there....what a bunch of CRAP!

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

A FIRE DRILL?? You have got be kidding. A lady that I care for, her daughters made a special trip to get here some things; spent hours shopping were just getting ready to check out when it happened. Now they will have to try and find time to get back b/c it was their only day off.
    That's insane. I have never heard of a store doing that.
    Thanks for the info :)

5. KellBell

YES! INSANE! we had just gotten there, as my other half was hell-bent on getting Avatar.....got all the way to the door, crossed the threshold and the alarms starting going off....the not so friendly managers made it clear we were to evacuate the store ....blah blah ....fire drill.....needless to say DH was FURIOUS.....he ended up going to White Oak to get it....

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So true!!

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Michelle dropped a stink bomb in there. :lol:

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That is dumb. Why can't they do a fire drill about 3 a.m. instead of inconveniencing Sunday afternoon customers? Is this a normal thing with retail stores? Is it decided by the store or fire inspector? These would be interesting to know.

The main thing is if they are planning on having a fire drill at 4:30 p.m., they should have the greeters tell customers at the door before entering the store about 30 minutes ahead of time.

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

What if this was an unannounced one? Or a fire alarm being set off by a ne'er do well? Be glad it was a drill.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hat's right that we should all be glad it was not a real fire. But for goodness sakes I would be furious as well. A lot of shopping for Avatar. You are more patient than me.

Sherry

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that stinks, but what did your DH think about Avatar, thinking of getting it too?

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ok, ACTUALLY I DID drop one in Wally World yesterday but it was at about 8:30 last night and it was in the snack aisle. :ack: Hubby RAN!

13. superkathy

superkathy Well-Known Member

I was in the Wal-Mart on Fayetteville St in Garner 2 weeks ago just after one of these drills. A store employee said it was actually a bomb threat. She told me because the threat interrupted her decorating a cake for a party at my job. I wonder if that is what happened at 40/42. This employee said it is common for bomb threats to be called in to Wal-Marts. People are crazy.

14. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

Someone told me that the power went out due to the high winds. They had to evacuate because they did not have power. Not sure if that is true, but that is what I heard.

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Well that's nice . . . tornados all around so they send the customers out into the parking lot. Way to go Walmart!

16. KellBell

Girl, we saw it at the theatre when it came out, in 3D. Which is why he was so hellbent on getting it, right then. It's an outstanding movie. Outstanding. Just as good at home on the DVD, the 2nd time. Can't wait for the next installment.

17. Sherry A.

I'd rather be killed outside of Walmart, myself. Please, if I die in a Walmart someone pull me out the door before reporting it. :mrgreen:

Sherry

18. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Maybe a Mexican tripped over a redneck's mullet and got his head stuck in the abdominal folds of a fat woman in one of those motorized carts they shop in.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Sherry A.

I LOVE LAUGHING!

Sherry