Masonic Chicken BBQ Friday April 30th

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Mr.X, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

If y'all want a great lunch on Friday come on down to the Hiram 40 Chicken BBQ fundraiser @ the Raleigh Masonic Temple 1520 Caswell St, starting at 11:00 !/2 chicken, green beans, potatoes all for $7.00 to benefit NC Masonic Charities.....Come on out, if you don't we will know. We are the Masons after all!!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

guess i am probably the only one that doesn't know but just curious, what exactly are the Masons? i've seen the movies where they are betrayed as protectors way back when and i know i have heard of them my whole life & there was a lodge/temple in my hometown but never really checked into it and yeah i could google but i trust it coming more from someone who really is in it. If you can that is and it doesn't break some secret code or something. TIA

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

He could tell you, but he'd have to kill you!!! ;)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: ok guess i will have to go by what the movies say:lol:

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'm gonna send me some Hispanic friends over in your direction real soon. :lol:

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

Kaci,

They are very secretive but I'll tell you what I know. They were formed to help keep morals and such in place plus make sure society helps one another. They actually help most everyone around.

Told this story recently. My grandparents were traveling on some country back roads with my young mother and her sister one day and and granddaddy got a flat tire. He told them that it would not be a problem, he would get help. Of course, no air conditioning and all...mother told me she had her doubts because he really needed someone to help him.

Granddaddy gets out of the car and stands a certain way. One car goes by and no help. Mother says my grandmother told the girls to have faith he knew what he was doing.

Next car stopped. Hand shakes happened and the two men changed that tire. No money was exchanged....it was a Mason signal granddaddy was doing and it was Mason who stopped to help.

They don't just help one another, they have long arms and legs that help everywhere. Same as the Eastern Star, for women, only they are not as big as the Free Masons.

Everyone in my family was one or the other until my generation. Figure I'm a member of the Democratic Party and that's all I need, along with Green Peace, Calling All Liberals, NOW, etc. Our sign is the middle finger of each hand. :lol::lol:

Masons are awesome and that is why I would never sell anything of that organization nor would I not help someone who is a Mason.

Sherry

7. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

My dad always wore his Masonic ring and no matter where we went he was meeting people. He saw the rings that others wore, they exchanged the handshake and it went from there. I have seen him do it in restaurants, airports, anywhere.
    As for Eastern Star, there are men in the organization. The top offices are Worthy Matron and Worthy Patron. My mom was very active in Eastern Star.

8. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

When my cousin was a young teenager, the family went hunting in the Tetons.
    She was bitten by a snake. She was treated free at the Shriners Hospital in Salt Lake City for a period of time and there was never any charge for any of the treatment she received. This hospital was my dad's charity of choice. If he couldn't give to any other organization, the Shriners Hospital received what he could afford.

9. Sherry A.

Yeah, my family did all and the ones living still do that too. Kind of cool.

Sherry

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

11. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info! My grandfather and father were/are Masons, my grandmother, mother, and I are in Eastern Star, (my mom is the current WM of her chapter for about the 3rd or 4th time), and I was a Rainbow Girl, so the Masons have a special place in my heart. :)

12. Sherry A.

I did used to hear that a lot from members of my family. I knew they were joking but it got annoying. Everyone had those secret things...............so I had to get my own and joined a Liberal group! :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen: The SDS!

Sherry

13. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

My Masonic lodge sold 780 chicken BBQ plates for charity today!! My brothers ROCK!!!!

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

did some googling and you guys rock :hurray::hurray::hurray: