GHOSTS!! Do you believe or not believe?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Apr 28, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

emails on it's way! let me know what you think.

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

That was freaky! Little kid "spirits" really freak me out for some reason!

4. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I'm a believer, saw my grandfather when I was 11 or 12 sitting at the kitchen table.

Went to Savannah last week and took a few pictures in the graveyard one night. No aiming just pushed the button, got a couple of weird things and maybe an orb or two.

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

It seemed when I was little we had something paranormal going on in our house. Whatever it was, it seemed more playful than anything else. I had a small object to get missing one time in the living room. Turned every chair over. Came back home and the object was sitting in the middle of the chair! Another time, I heard a moaning sound coming from my room. Ran to another room, put my ear to the door and heard it pass. Scared the crap out of me. Again another time, felt like something stood on my foot. We'd heard pops in the attic on occasion. Doors would sometime open. Then I threw a pair of socks in the dirty clothes pile in front of the washer in the laundry. Took a few steps, turned around and the socks were seemingly thrown out of the room. We always playfully called "it" George. We moved and the wierdness went away.

A couple of years ago, however, I was outside at night taking a pic of my son riding his bike without training wheels for the first time. While out, I did not see anything out of the ordinary, but once loaded on the computer, a wierd wispy fog enveloped two pics. I took four pics total within about a minute. The first and last pics were clear of it. The two middle shots had the strange smokey image.

That said, however, I really don't know what to believe. I don't go seeking out stuff like that and I sure as heck don't want it finding me. It's a mutual thing.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Its really hard to explain. And its so personal.
    I was walking laps around Shelly Lake years ago. My grandmother had died recently. Within a coupla months I guess. This huge monarch butterfly kind of brushed by me and I just...I dont know how to explain it...I just felt my grandmother's presense from head to toe. And I smelled her perfume. I wasn't even thinking about her. Nothing like that ever happened to me before.
    My brother lives in another state. I hadnt told him this story. Shortly after this happened to me he called to tell me he "saw" my grandmother. He was working at a gym. He said he was teaching an exersize class and she suddenly appeared next to him. He said he just stood there frozenfor a minute or so. Then she went away. She has never appeared again to either of us.

Actually, now after recalling his story I would sometimes catch a wiff of her perfume but that hasnt happened in a long time. It makes me cry to think about it. I wish it would happen again.
    DB's wife

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

It's on it's way. Make sure you turn it up so you can hear her voice. It is very clear. No white noise. It happens immediately after I talk.

8. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I have had something happen to me like that too! My the day after my grandmother died my brother,cousin and I went shopping for clothes to wear to the funeral and it was a nasty day. It was right after a hurricane ( not a bad one ) had brushed our state so we had rain all day long and horrible winds. Well as we were running to the car in the pouring rain my brother told me he thought he saw something in my hair, I didnt see anything until we got down the road and it was a ladybug! My grandmother called the granddaughters ladybug :)

9. GarnerGirl2000

I wanna hear but I am scared to :oops:

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My whole family believes in this.

My grandmother was considered a "water witch" at a very young age. She had a piece of wood, looks like a branch that is shaped like a wishbone. She could go out into a field and when she stopped that is where the well would be dug. Sure enough they would find water. My parents used her when my dad retired from the military and they built a house in the country. I swear my grandmother found the exact spot.

My grandfather could take a penny, rub it on a wart, say something and the wart would leave in a couple of days and never return.

My aunt can shake hands with strangers and actually see something from their past.

Her son used to see a little girl in the window of the attic and said she spoke to him.

I used to have an imaginary friend when we lived in Taiwan. I saw her and she spoke to me. I was around two years old. My dad asked me to describe her so I did. He had someone draw a picture. He did research and found a book with the girl on a swing and she looked like my twin. He did not believe in those things until then.

When my grandmother died and any of the family would go to her house and use the bathroom the was hers, just as someone would go in or out of that bathroom the light would automatically go on or off.......tee hee......they were tightwads. We always laughed about it.

My mother died last August, suffered and was taken care of by us and at the end Hospice until two days before she died. She would move around in the hospital bed so that she was facing a back wall and the side wall. Hospice said she was seeing and talking to her family who had passed as she would mumble.

We bought a puppy right before she died to help with her loss. The puppy acts like her. If we get on our computers she comes over and gets in our lap and has actually tried to turn them off. Mother hated computers. This puppy has my mother's personality.

Since mother passed I often hear things around the house, which I am unsure is the house settling or actually a spirit. Both my daughter and I have gotten out of different beds at different ends of the house at night hearing something. I've walked outside the house and inside the house and never seen a thing but the light seems bright and I don't need a flashlight when walking even outside.

Since I do believe in reincarnation I really think her spirit is in the puppy!

Sherry

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think our group went defunct. We did one investigation, after that - nothing.

I would be interested in joining another group.

12. GarnerGirl2000

My grandmother was the same way as she was getting ready to pass. The last night that she was alive she would tell my mother and sister that she was seeing family members that had passed a long long time ago. And she had said that her momma was there telling her that she was waiting for her!

13. Sherry A.

I understand and it is very humbling to watch and hear.

Sherry

14. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

My mother and I talked about stuff like that. She always said she would be then one to come for me...... I hope so. She died 6/18/09

15. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks for sending me the link! It was a good thing that you told me to turn it up,otherwise I would have missed it.
    It sounds like a very young child.
    Creepy.
    On the one hand I was always very fascinated about everything to do with the paranormal but on the other hand I also know that I'd probably s**t myself if I ever saw a ghost.

16. Sherry A.

Me too.

Sherry

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

There was a large meetup group in Raleigh, but they broke up due to illnesses, injuries, and other 'bouts of extremely bad luck ...

I've got an EMF meter and a digital thermometer (point it at an area to get a temp reading), and a small digital recorder somewhere around here ... if anyone ever wants to investigate.

18. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I lived in a haunted house for about 10 years. As a child I was scared of everything anyway and when I would ask my parents about things that happened they would always explain it away. Our ghost would routinely lock us in the basement. The outside door in the basement had a tricky lock so there were multiple times I climbed out of a window to get out. Our dogs definitely saw the ghost. That is probably why I realized as I got older that there really was something going on there. I remember one day being home from college at the house alone. Our dog was staring at the front door. His nose actually touching it. When I saw him, I got up to see what he was doing. Just then the doorbell rang. I immediately opened the door and no one was there. I walked out to check and see if a kid had run (even though I knew no one would have had time since I was standing there when the bell rang) and no one was around. I decided to hang out on the front porch until someone else came home. After we moved my parents finally confessed that there was a ghost. My dad actually saw him on many occasions and said the dogs would follow him a lot. My dad always felt like he was looking after us, but wasn't really fond of children. There were four kids in the house, we probably drove him crazy!

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I've seen a horse fly, I've seen a dragon fly, I've seen a house fly.:lol:

I've seen a peanut stand, and heard a rubber band, I've seen a needle that winked it's eye, but I'd be done seen about everything when I see a ghost verified.

I've seen a front porch swing, heard a diamond ring, I've seen a polka-dot railroad tie, but I'd be done seen about everything when I see a ghost verified.

I saw a clothes horse, he rear up and buck. And they tell me that a man made a vegetable truck? I didn't see that I only heard, so just to be sociable I'll take their word.

I heard a fireside chat, I saw a baseball bat, and I just laughed till I thought I'd die, but I'd be done seen about everything when I see a ghost verified.

Dumbo

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member