Two South Johnston students injured in wreck

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Apr 28, 2010.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

One in critical condition at WakeMed and the other in good condition at Johnston Mem. Both were thrown from trucks they were driving.

Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Always hoping that these teens will see what is going on around them and learn to slow down and pay attention. Every day I watch these kids race out of the school parking lot to see who can get out the fastest and whose truck is the loudest. It scares me to think that in 6 months, my son will be one of those teen drivers. And even though he says he won't be that way, when the pressure of "what their friends think" hits, they will do some pretty stupid stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure my son knows the boys that were injured this morning and even though I don't, my thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

My niece is very close friends with one of the boys. She called my sister so upset, we thought she was involved in the accient. Pray for our children!

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

This is exactly why my 14 year old is NOT getting her license the day she turns 16....ain't gonna happen....

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I said as much to DH the other night and got shot down. I see LOTS of driving lessons in his future before I turn him loose. I know how I drove at that age and am lucky to be here. :?

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

6. turtlepits

People just don't realize how dangerous vehicles are!

7. turtlepits

Oh no!! That is terrible.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

a gal I work with, her son (who goes to South) just called and the word is that they pulled the life support a few minutes ago....

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That's so sad. Thoughts & prayers to the families involved.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So very sad. At that age they think they will live forever.

To those who don't want there's to drive at 16 I have an opinion, go figure. They need as much practice as possible starting with parents at 15, then on their own at 16. Mine is not a perfect driver, I think she drives too fast and gets too close to other cars. But she's now 18 and is the one the parents trust to drive kids to the beach, mountains and concerts. I trust her too. I want her to know how to drive in all circumstances and traffic while she is under my roof.

My daughter just got home and says she knows the two kids on Kell's link. Good grief how many more in our county.

Our thoughts our with the teens families and the teen(s) who are still in the hospital. Don't know what I'd do if mine were in a situation like this.

Sherry

12. turtlepits

Jordan was just released from the hospital. He will be OK. Please pray for Jesse's family. It is so hard to lose a child.

13. Sherry A.

Thank you for the update.

Sherry

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Gosh, here we go again. So sad. Kids - SLOW DOWN and pay attention!!

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I know the kids involved are 17, but since the issue of teen driving has been raised, I've said it before--16 is too young for a drivers license. Granted, the majority of teens are good drivers and are not in horrific accidents . I just don't see the issue with giving their brains one more year to mature before putting keys in their hand. It's a fact that the ability to make good decisions comes with age and experience and many of these accidents reflect poor decisions or lack of experience in handling a vehicle that goes out of control. My daughter is 17, almost 18, and I still am not convinced she could truly react correctly if she had to in an emergency. When the law was set to allow licenses at 16, there were not as many cars, not as many distractions (cell phones etc) and I think driving was viewed by teens more as a priviledge than a right. Letting your child drive at 16 may be more convenient for some parents but personally I'd rather be inconvenienced for another year and at least still have my child to hold in my arms. My heart goes out to the families and friends affected by this senseless tragedy.

16. Sherry A.

17. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

There was another accident right near SOuth Johnston this morning...the news said 2 went to the hospital. So scary. Mine has his license but no car of his own.

18. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

BTW I stand corrected- according to the news the students involved in the crash yesterday were 16.

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Very sad for all involved :cry:. Wonder why JC has the highest teen death rate in NC? What can we do to prevent more deaths? :cry:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7507994/
    Four Oaks, N.C. — Seven South Johnston High School students were involved in a three-car crash in front of the school Thursday morning as students were holding a vigil nearby for a classmate who died in a crash on Wednesday.
    A male student driving a red pickup truck with two female student passengers rear-ended another female student's White Mustang at the school's entrance before 8 a.m., according to authorities. The female driver then rear-ended another car carrying three female students.
    Two of the students were taken to a hospital and another was treated at the scene. Their names and conditions were not released.
    Nearby, students were holding a vigil for Jesse Ferrell, 16, who died Wednesday after his truck collided with his best friend's as they were on their way to school. Friends gathered at his parking space at the school to remember him.

20. Sherry A.

What is going on in our county? Thoughts are with all kids and families. Boy, it's going to be a hard graduation down that way.

Sherry