Where to buy tile?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We are going to do a backsplash in our kitchen. I checked out Lowes and HD, and their choices are pretty horrible. I don't mind ordering online (have gotten some great deals on wood flooring online in the past) but every place I have looked for tile has been ridiculously expensive. And I would prefer to support a local business if at all possible.

Thanks a ton!!
    ~Crysta

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I don't think Lowe's choice is horrible, it's just that you have a different taste than most people. All tile comes from the same manufacturers! So since you don't know what you like I can imagine you can't figure out where to look. Why don't you google the manufacturers online and see their choices to see if you like anything. Then you may be able to order it from Lowe's or another retailer if the manufacturer doesn't give you that option to order directly from them.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We own a tile company and hubby loves best tile (raleigh?). For someone local you can try Laurel Lane Interiors, not sure if she just does buulders or if she sells tile to regular customers as well. I have no idea about prices.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Really? Did not know that. I have a friend whose family owns a tile, granite, etc. company. Counter tops.

Sherry

5. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

I've purchased tile from both Mosaic Tile and Best Tile in Raleigh. The people in Best Tile were extremely helpful and made sure we had everything we needed to tile our kitchen backsplash before we left the store! I highly recommend them!

6. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Try Restore at Habitat for Humanity

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Just started it this month. You stood in front of my booth saturday for about 15 minutes! :lol:

8. Sherry A.

Well, why didn't you say howdy? You going to be at the Ham and Yam? Speak up or hit me upside the head so that we can meet. Cleo will be with me so do the same to her. :lol:

Sherry

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm not one to introduce myself to people I dont know, and you and Polenta seemed to be enjoying your conversation. 8) I was the booth next to his, and just learned who he was that morning...btw, your daughter is very pretty. But I'm sure you knew that!!

10. Sherry A.

Thanks about my daughter. Don't be shy with me.....I've never met a stranger. Cleo, if she has not already met you would probably love to meet you as well. If she knows you I will ask her to introduce us....I'm a huger. Hug people and trees. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sherry

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Nope, dont know her either...

12. Sherry A.

I'll look for a tile booth?

Sherry

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We wont be at ham and yam, but we had a construction booth-with tile info. (new company, didnt have time to get tile booth)

14. Sherry A.

Okay, next time.

Sherry

15. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Another VOTE for BEST TILE.
    They were also very helpful pointing out SALE accent/trim items that would match what were looking at. Plus our salesman pointed out another savings wth the SIZE of tile we were looking at.
    We save some BIG BIG $$$$.