Ladies-Help With Pandora Bracelets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 28, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, so even though I've tried REALLY hard to resist temptation, I think I want to get one of these. Mother's Day is coming up, thinking I might get one for my Mom and might put DH out of his gift giving misery and get one myself for Mother's Day. HELP!!! I read our old thread on them, but need some updated info from you more experienced folks. Where do I start? How much should I expect to fork over? I assume Dwayne's still has them? How is their pricing compared to others? Anyone got a good online dealer? Decisions............decisions.....................

2. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Dewaynes has a whole studio room for just Pandora! It is a good place to get started b/c they have assigned sales reps that will help you get fitted and started with your bracelet.

For the "Pandora snap" bracelet, which I recommend you will pay $50. Then charms and clips start at $25 and go on up as high as you want. The clips are mostly $25 and help keep your charms from sliding around the bracelet and you get a lot of bang for your buck on these. The ladies will show you what it's all about!

Pricing is the same no matter where you go for Pandora. From what I understand, retail prices are strickly regulated and Pandora is often exempt from sales prices. But occasionally, Dewaynes and Pandora carriers can run specials like spend $100, get something free. Sign up for their email and you'll get the announcements. AND, don't forget to start a wish list there so you can just tell hubby to go to Dewaynes for all the special occassions! Have Fun!!

3. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

My fiance got me one for Valentine's day from DeWayne's. He was so lost walking in there, those sales ladies saw him coming and loved every minute he was in there I'm sure, HA! I myself cannot spend $25 for a charm on a bracelet so getting them as gifts is always appreciated. Ebay has a ton, sure they aren't all "authentic" Pandora charms but they work and some sellers have "lots of beads" for a few bucks....can't go wrong with that!

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I have to agree and say go to Dewaynes! They are really nice AND make sure you sign up for a Dewaynes card ( like the Food Lion MVP CVS key chain cards that you get) they keep a total of how much you spenf thru out the yr and at the end of that yr you get a gift card in the mail! You can also create a "wish list" so you can send your hubby kids friends etc there and they will know which charm you want!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Not that I have anything against Pandora, infact that is where my bracelet(s) started out ( i have 3 now -Pandora, Chamilia & Helzburg Diamonds), but Chamilia charms also fit Pandora. Only thing to beware of is that Dewaynes will clean your Pandora bracelet for free when needed, but you have to take off any beads that aren't Pandora. Jewelry Warehouse in Raleigh carries the Chamilia line and is running a Mothers Day special right now, and the Chamilia clasp is the same as the Pandora clasp. Chamilia charms seem to run a few dollars less. The Chamilia bracelets don't have the 2 screw over spots where "clips" fit on the Pandora.

There is also a line of similar charms that Helzberg Diamonds carries, but I have had issues with their "signature" bracelet and several of the charms (stones falling out), luckily insurance was bought with that bracelet and it covers all charms on it.

Jewelry Warehosue also tracks how many beads you've bought and when you get to a certain number you get a free bead, or something like that. KellBell is the one who turned me on to Jewelry Warehouse because they had some of the Murano glass beads for $20!!

[​IMG][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    from
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Jewelry Warehouse

[/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Buy any 3 Chamilia Beads (or a Chamilia Bracelet & 2 beads) & receive the 2010 Chamilia Limited Edition Mother's Day Bead FREE !($45 value[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif])* [/FONT]

[/FONT]​
    [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Jewelry Warehouse [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,serif]3021 Stonybrook Drive, Raleigh[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,serif]919.876.1197 [/FONT][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,serif]www.JewelryNC.com[/FONT][/FONT]​
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Store Hours: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic,ITC Avant Garde,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*while supplies last. limit 1 per customer. not good on previous purchases.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Forward email[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][​IMG] This email was sent to xxx by ellen@jewelrync.com.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Email Marketing by[/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][​IMG] [/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial]
    [FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Jewelry Warehouse | 3021-3 Stonybrook Dr | Raleigh | NC | 27604[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

I will put a plug in for Chamilia and the Jewelry Warehouse!! I got my daughter's bracelet for free before Christmas when I bought 3 charms- it was a trunk sale or something. I also have gotten quite a few free glass charms when you buy 2 get a glass charm free. Plus who can resist the deals at the Jewelry warehouse. I personally like the Chamilia charm selection better.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kdc...I'm over it. Actually I am considering selling my bracelet.

While it was a good idea in theory, if you get any amount of beads on it, it's heavy and awkward, especially if you type all day.

Plus, the beads at $25 a pop or more get expensive...I only have like 4 authentic beads. I tried buying the knock-offs from Ebay and the flea-market vendors and they change colors and look tacky.

I think it was a wonderful idea, but I haven't worn mine in months....you should really see if someone will let you borrow theirs for a day to test drive it before you sink all that money into it.

JMHO....

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for all the posts so far (even you squirrel!, smart arse!) I got completely overwhelmed last night looking at all the options and about threw up my hands in frustration.

Jen, I hear you on the weight thing. I don't even wear watches or bracelets most days because all of them annoy me. I even take my rings off if I have a lot of data entry to do. If you decide to sell, let me know! I was planning on just wearing it out on the weekends, etc.

Thanks again everyone!!!:grouphug:

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I agree. Mine was getting so heavy and it was pulling on the clasp. I hardly ever wear it now.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wifes was heavy due to beiing totally full of charms, thus she had to expand out to several other bracelets. Now she has several with all kinds of different charms that she rotates depending on mood and where she's going.

Incidentally the ladies at Helzburg Diamonds loved me when I was there buying her Valentine's present...:mrgreen:

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting DD one for graduation. I've decided to go with the chamilia bracelet. I will have to check out Jewelry Warehouse.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

They're running a special right now.....I will forward you the email!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Can I have it too? Pretty please??:mrgreen:

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I like a good weighted bracelet, so I guess the weight doesn't bother me. I also went with a larger size so that it would still be loose when full of beads. Its never bothered me when on the computer, they slide just far enough up my wrist not be in the way.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yes ma'am!

sent to your yahoo. ;-)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010