Rex Wellness?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MizSeeker, Apr 10, 2010.

1. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Anyone go up there either for regular gym-type workouts or rehab? DBF is being sent up there to rehab the knee and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea for me to consider it as well.

Thank you!

Martha

2. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

I went the other day for a different type visit at the wellness center and it was really nice in there...Lots of people working out and and the people that worked there were so very friendly and caring...INMO...good luck!!

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Heard the pool is no longer using chlorine, but a salt solution now ... so if you do water aerobics, swim laps, or even just walk laps in the water, it's a lot healthier and you wont come away reeking of chlorine!!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

From what I understand alot of places are switching to the salt solution. Healthquest was using it 2-3 years ago in their pools. I'd be interested in hearing any opinions of those familiar with both Rex and Healthquest about which they prefer for the price. Has anyone had experience with both?

5. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I just switched my membership from Rex Wellness to the Smithfield Aquatic Center. They have a huge pool and a separate play pool area for kids. There is also basketball, raquetball, strength training room, indoor track, aerobic equipment, etc. It was only $5 more a month than my weekday membership at Rex.

6. living42day

living42day Guest

I visted Rex, the Rec Center in Smithfield and HealthQuest and I decided to join HealthQuest. I really like their equipment, the therapy pool and jacuzzi. My husband likes to play racquetball and relax in the steamroom. The people are really nice and the facility is clean!

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

A friend of mine goes there - he complains all the time about how crowded it is.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm allergic to exercise. :lol:

Sherry

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Me too! I break out in sweat!:jester: