Mary Mary Quite Contrary....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

3. Cleopatra

That's "The Soldier". I can't do that!! It's like sleeping without a blanket to me!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's like me, too. I just feel as if I can't fall asleep lying on my back. Usually, I'm most relaxed on my stomach and hands thrushed under a cool, relatively flat pillow. If that doesn't work, I'll try the fetal position. Actually, I find it very hard to fall asleep in a seated position like in a recliner or in a car. I have to be dog tired.

That said, however, the personality profile doesn't match me though. I'm not that outgoing. It's just that the 'freefaller' is a more comfortable position to sleep in.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'm the same as above but more a freefaller. I don't see how people sleep on the back.

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

My belief is that is because you are trying not to bother your wife and you snore. :mrgreen:

Sherry

7. Cleopatra

I sleep the same way lol - and recliner/car not unless I can barely keep my eyes open.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Fetus
    Freefaller
    Starfish

All 3 I'm comfortable in but mostly sleep in the fetus position.
    DH is a freefaller

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Another odd variant of the freefaller for me is I'll apparently sleep on my stomach with my arms tucked under my body. This is often upon waking that I find myself like this and more often than not, at least one of my arms will have absolutely no feeling. Does anyone ever experience this when you have to take your other hand and pick up the other arm to move it. It takes a couple of minutes for the feeling to come back.

10. Cleopatra

Yep, esp when co-sleeping with an infant and making a conscious effort not to roll onto them. You must not move alot when you sleep.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I guess its just a subconsciously comfortable way for me to sleep. Yep...don't move around much. Also don't wake up alot during the night. I sleep deep. During Hurricane Fran, the house creaked, the wind whistled and the trees popped and snapped. I slept through the whole thing. :) But, if my son called out during the night when younger, I'd hear that. Parent thing, I guess.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm a cross between a fetus, a yearner and somewhat of a leaning freefaller.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'm a cross between soldier and log.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yearner

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

More Yearner but starfish in there as well

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I'm a freefallin' fetus. :mrgreen:

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Freefaller here.......and stop checking out me butt!

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Freefall position - Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.

On my tummy with my arm wrapped around the pillow!

And yes, my hands go to sleep all the time!

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am afraid that if I slept on my stomach that my wife would grab my feet and set me spinning.

20. Sherry A.

How funny!

Sherry