Save Vets For Pets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mispuddin, May 1, 2010.

1. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

There will be a petition signing in Saturday morning at the walmart in Dunn from 9-12 to save Dr. Guy Beretich from losing his DVM license. The Veterinary Board has given him until Monday at 12:00 to either turn in his license or let them know if he is going to court. He is the best Vet around. He truly cares about his animals and their owners and it would be a great loss to see him go. He is one of the most dedicated people I have ever met. You can also join our Facebook page..SAVE VETS FOR PETS

Thanks

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Figured something was funky. Cannot look at the pics because I know how sad I'll get.

Sherry

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The state has been dealing with complaints about this guy's practices since at least 1998, based on a search I just did on him.

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that he did something illegial and that's why they are shutting him down. When I ask what he did no one will say. I won't be signing a petition until I know the whole story.

6. Tangerine

Are these really pictures from his office?

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Is he the only vet at that office? Will this shut down the whole operation or just sideline this particular vet?

8. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Even though I think PETA is crazy, I believe it from what I have heard people say about his practice.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Looks like he has support judging by the Facebook page.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This. You've only given part of the story.

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

12. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

13. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

No he does not operate a puppy mill...If you want to see a puppy mill we'll go to one.. PETA is a bunch of crazy folks shouting contradictions. They don't know from one day to the next what purpose they are serving.
    I posted the information hoping that people who took their pets to him would get the info and give him their support, not to have him still being slandered by what you are reading in MINUTES by the veterinary board which explains there was a complaint..If you don't support him then don't. That is your choice but you can also join the other 3 people who have caused this chaos. Or the competition with empty parking lots DAILY because everybody takes their pets to him..He is no hooty-tooty vet with a high tech office...he is an old fashioned doc who has a heart of gold and is in the business for the love not the money.

14. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

15. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

I've read that and PETA is all about "don't kill animals" ..Well he didn't. He kept them and adopted them out...But he did have purebreds that he did breed and sell, but does that make it a puppy mill??? Just where should he have gone to breed his puppies or should he not have bred them at all? It happens everyday. Because he breeds his dogs does not necessarily mean he is running a puppy mill and furthermore how many of you have been to his office?

16. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

I took my dog there. I am sorry but I thought the place was nasty and there were a lot of loose animals running around and feces lying around. I was never seen by the Dr., only some technicians who obviously did not know what they were doing. I chose to never take my pets back.

17. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have been there as well, and it's dirty, way beyond what a VET'S office should be. I'm not signing anything. Yes he doesn't charge much, but if it's worth taking your pet there and getting sick from what ever is around there, then no it's not worth it to me.
    I have adopted a Puppy Mill dog, and she is very sick..and we and the rescue that had her is doing all we can to give her a better life, no she will never see a kennel, cage or anything that would remind her of what she came from. A bucket is what he had those dogs in, that is so sad!

I also have a Chihuahua that is two years old and the breeder supports this vet, cause it keeps her cost down..I just don't see how she can do that after I visited myself..ugg.

18. Tangerine

I find it hard to believe the state is shutting him down because other vets are mad that he undercuts their prices. That is the reasoning I was given by several people yesterday.
    I do know for a fact that they have lost several animals that were allowed to freely roam. They have been to bf's shop asking him if they have seen dogs that have gotten out.

19. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Yes because people become vets and vet techs because of the whopping salaries.
    I can't account for his "heart of gold" but I can say no one goes into the veterinary business for money, and if some idiot really does try it, they'll probably find some other job.

20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I saw where WRAL had picked up the story. It is still rather vague however and the infractions seems rather trival compared to the many supporters he seems to have. I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter other than to say that there seems to be more standing behind him as opposed to those eager to see him out. It does make me think that if he really is that much cheaper than other vets, than this could be about other, more prominent area vets pulling political strings.

www.wral.com/news/local/story/7532514/