A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You nut!! I just saw you last Saturday!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like I need to make some more apple butter. :jester:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yeah but you didn't have no apple butter with ya:lol:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I need that recipe. :)

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I love the TV show "Minute to Win It".

Sherry

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Our first customer screwed up. Unfortunately it was my sister and her husband. Did a job for them at a huge savings and now they refuse to even pay that. There excuse is that I'm money hungry. It is causing some hard feelings and we're not quiet sure how to handle it.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have done business with family. You can take them to court, or you can chalk it up as an expensive lesson. It depends upon how important the relationship is to you. Me personally, I would have no interest in having a relationship with somebody that tried to screw me and then called *me* greedy. JMO.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Take their *** to court.
    They agreed to the price, the work was done and they didn't pay. What did they think was going to happen?

You HAVE to do it.

If it's a really big job, put them on a payment plan WITH interest until it's paid, if not... take 'em to court just like any other customer who didn't pay.

I'm sorry that happened.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You'll have to weigh the investment into the job vs. your overall relationship with your sister. If you take them to court, most likely you'll do long lasting damage to your relationship. Needless to say, however, I certainly wouldn't do any more work for them. I guess that would be an obvious decision.

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We are seriously thinking about taking them to court especially after all the bad talking they are doing now. I'm very upset about it and was going to try to work things out with them but I don't care anymore. They wouldn't even let their son come over yesterday because I'm an alcholic and anybody that knows me knows that is not true. I'm done with all of them now.

10. Sherry A.

The Ham and Yam Festival was larger than I have seen before. Too hot to be out and about yesterday but I sure enjoyed hanging with one 4042er and meeting one other. The rock bank that played during the day was very good.....guess I'm getting old to dance during that heat.

Food was good and I actually saw a Segway (sp) for the first time. I really wanted to ride it but don't think the police officer would have let me.

Had it not been so hot it would have been better. Found a booth where a Native American had some wonderful clothing, jewelry and other items. Didn't have the funds on me but bet I do the next time.

Stayed longer than thought so that tells ya' how we liked it and/or how big it is now.

Sherry

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

12. Sherry A.

13. Sherry A.

Still going through stuff on my end and I'm so tired and sore.

I FOUND MY PICTURE OF CESAR CHAVEZ AND ME!

Those things excite me. We were in my kitchen!

Sherry

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We went today exclusively for the car show. It was very warm but bearable no longer than we were there.

15. Sherry A.

Thank you so very much for the Apple Butter. It is to die for.

Sherry

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are very welcome!! :cheers:

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

so much for the "Random Thoughts" of this thread.

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I hate it when someone you don't know that well feels like they can tell you things about their life that you REALLY don't want to know. :?

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

A to the Men Michelle!!!!!!!!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just loving yet another round of corporate BS for DH. At least he has a job, but dern. :?